Actuary Senior, Corporate Reserving
Princeton , United States
Your jobWe’re adding to our diverse team of experts and are looking to hire those who are committed to building a culture that enables the creation of innovative solutions for our business units and clients.
Future focused and always one step ahead
This position is a member of the Corporate Reserving Strategic Analysis and Reporting Team. This position will be responsible for research and analyses associated with an assigned line of business spanning primary insurance, reinsurance quota share, and reinsurance excess of loss coverages. This position will also be the Corporate Reserving Liaison to a specific Business Unit. Acting in a consulting capacity, the liaison ensures that Corporate Reserving analyses adjust to any critical strategic shifts within their portfolio and provides them with top quality advice, insights, and recommendations. The successful candidate will have strong interpersonal and communication skills, and primary ratemaking or reserving (re)insurance experience for a variety of coverages and contract structures.
Major responsibilities include:
- Complete and prioritize multiple complex actuarial analyses. May include ultimate loss projections, portfolio analysis, and research projects.
- Lead and manage multiple projects/analyses requiring multiple resources including those who are not direct reports. Enhance and maintain strong organizational and project management skills.
- Participate and create actuarial presentations and present results/topics to management.
- Direct the modification and enhancement of existing applications to address special issues.
- Coordinate and help focus and prioritize the use of actuarial resources for tasks that are assigned.
- Direct the completion of required data preparation, including data input. Identify data & operational issues requiring specialized actuarial attention and take action to address them.
- Document and communicate assumptions, technical issues, results and alternatives to actuarial staff and internal clients.
- Participate in developing new methodologies, products and procedures.
- Provide accurate and timely actuarial analyses or peer supervisory reviews of analyses, consistent with the most efficient and effective methods. Participate in the training of others regarding actuarial analyses and methodologies.
- Manage the work for those who are not direct reports including other actuaries, programmers and support staff, as needed.
Your profileSuccessful candidates will possess the following skills/capabilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics, Actuarial Science, Economics, Business or related field requiring modeling, programming, or quantitative analysis. Master’s degree preferred.
- Membership in the Casualty Actuarial Society or Society of Actuaries with the attainment of Fellowship (FCAS or FSA) and membership in the American Academy of Actuaries (MAAA) or a minimum of 6 years of experience as an ACAS or ASA. Ten or more years of (re)insurance/actuarial experience preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of actuarial models, standard techniques and the most efficient and effective methods appropriate for the functional area. Strong technical actuarial skills.
- Proficient computers skills in MS Office Suite and actuarial modeling software used for reserving, ratemaking, pricing, modeling stochastic distributions or data analysis (as appropriate).
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to influence and negotiate with others and create acceptance for proposals.
- Effective oral and written communication skills. The ability to effectively communicate with internal & external clients.
- Good time management and organizational skills including the ability to manage conflicting priorities, complete multiple tasks and projects.
- Strong knowledge of (re)insurance & products, financial metrics used in insurance and industry data sources.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Munich Re America Services, Inc. is a services provider to affiliated group companies primarily related to general services, procurement and IT services.