Corporate Insurance Risk Lead
Hartford , United States
Your jobMunich Re America Services (MRAS) is a shared service organization that delivers services to all Munich Re US P&C Companies and other group entities.
Corporate Insurance Risk Lead
Munich Re Corporate Risk Management & Underwriting Services
We’re adding to our diverse team of experts and are looking to hire those who are committed to building a culture that enables the creation of innovative solutions for our business units and clients.
As a member of Munich Re's US operations, we offer the financial strength and stability that comes with being part of the world's preeminent insurance and reinsurance brand. Our risk experts work together to assemble the right mix of products and services to help our clients stay competitive – from traditional reinsurance coverages, to niche and specialty reinsurance and insurance products.
Future focused and always one step ahead
The Corporate Insurance Risk Lead will manage the insurance risk management function on behalf of all Munich American Holding Corporation (MAHC) companies. Specifically, this role will:
- Coordinate with all entities and lead structuring of the insurance programs placed on behalf of all MAHC companies, regionally and locally.
- Mitigate the Company’s operating exposures by maintaining insurance programs and bonds to manage risk at acceptable levels and to protect the assets, employees, operations and market reputation of MAHC and its subsidiaries.
- Develops, manages, negotiates, and implements comprehensive insurance programs, including the development of underwriting submission on behalf of all MAHC companies. Programs may include property, general liability, workers’ compensation, Directors & Officers, Employer Practices Liability, Professional Liability, and Cyber, among others. Implements strategies to improve insurance underwriter relationships affecting terms and conditions and overall rates.
- Analyzes and prepares reports, as needed, including benchmarking of the overall cost and effectiveness of programs placed.
- Manages all non-litigated insurance claims, including coordination of initial notice and all correspondence to broker and insurance companies. Liaison with MAHC employees and insurer to avoid risk and ensure positive outcomes.
- Manages all insurance brokers, claims administrators, and consultants including establishing agreements, fees and services. Manage service agreements to determine binding policies.
- Establishes standard insurance requirements for all contractors, vendors and suppliers.
- Reviews insurance clauses and liability of all leases, contracts, and other agreements to limit the corporation’s contractual liabilities as part of contractual risk transfer process.
- Participates in merger and acquisition process, acquisition due diligence and integration from an overall risk and insurance perspective.
- Serves as a subject matter expert to review current coverages and verify other contractual agreements in place.
- Serves as lead within MAHC family of companies to gather data from 30 stakeholder partners
Your profileSuccessful candidates will possess the following skills/capabilities:
- 10+ years' experience, any combination, in primary and financial lines insurance and corporate risk management service
- Prior experience managing lines of group insurance placements and renewals through lifecycle stages including but not limited to Property, Liability, Executive lines, Cyber, Builders Risk and Workers Comp required
- Bachelor's degree in Insurance and Risk Management or relevant experience
- CPCU (Certified Property Casualty Underwriter), ARE, etc. is desired. RIMS-CRMP (Certified Risk Management Professional) preferred
- Claims notification and documentation, and final loss settlement
- Strong leadership, negotiation, and conflict management skills
- Superior communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills
- Knowledge of Contract Law
- Ability to work across divisions, companies and in the MAHC group
We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Munich Re America Services, Inc. is a services provider to affiliated group companies primarily related to general services, procurement and IT services.