IT Product Manager
Schaumburg , United States
Your jobMunich Re America Services (MRAS) is a shared service organization that delivers services to all Munich Re US P&C Companies and other group entities.
IT Business Solutions delivers business value through the management of IT products including implementation of change projects in a disciplined, business focused, engaged and methodical way to Munich Re Specialty Group (MRSG) and its associated business units in particular Munich Re Specialty Insurance (UK) Limited” (“MRSI UK”).
The Product Manager will play a key role in the operation and support of the MRSG IDC products (applications). The role will report to the Head of Business Solutions of Munich Re Specialty Group North America (MRSGNA) and be a key technology support partner to the business application owners. This role is responsible for ensuring products are maintained to deliver high quality results based on industry and Munich Re standard solutions, aligned to risk and compliance requirements, to cover the financial and reinsurance operational capabilities of MRSGNA.
- Responsible for the product management of all MRSGNA IDC applications
- Ensures the stable run of the applications, including setup and management of run, support, incident and monitoring processes aligned with the needs of the business, escalates and manages solutions for major incidents
- Undertake oversight of our application management services (AMS) partner on the maintenance and support of MRSG IDC applications including fixing of defects and with application vendors on small changes and supporting end users in case of handling requests or helping with errors
- Undertake regular operational review meetings with AMS partner and vendors/providers including business stakeholders where required. Ensure review documentation is centrally held and actions from meetings are resolved in a timely manner
- Maintain accurate and current information on applications, interfaces, servers, run roles and responsibilities etc. in central Munich Re repositories such as Lean IX and SNOW CMDB
- Understand the relevant technical and functional details of the application(s), including interfaces to other applications
- Keep all information up to date to run the applications including SLAs, availability, critical business time frames (month end, quarter end etc.)
- Follow the standards assurance process and create, maintain and update the product lifecycle standards assurance process agreements including requisite operational artefacts and documents for all MRSGNA IDC applications
- Assist project teams to ensure timely and appropriate handover to AMS partner for new products or major releases and that all required processes, standards and artefacts are in place
- Conduct and update compliance gates on products as required and ensure that the applications are running securely
- Manage software licenses needed for the application and ensure third party contracts are kept up to date in accordance with global asset management
- Proactively manage application run costs, forecasts and track budgets are running to plan
- Ensure purchase orders are raised correctly and in a timely manner for approval with requisite goods receipts created to facilitate invoice payments
- Liaise with IT towers to ensure that testing and validation of applications is undertaken and confirmed following disaster recovery testing, patching, upgrades etc
- Follow the MRe change management/enablement process to ensure required sign-off and documentation is delivered for change advisory boards
- Follow the MRe incident, problem, change and config management processes
- Key contact for business, AMS partner, external vendors and other internal MRe teams in relation to the MRSL applications
- Key partner on global initiatives for MRSG IDC applications like move to cloud
Your profileQualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or similar qualification
- 5+ years professional background in product management or application operation in the Financial industry
- Experience working with Insurance platforms such as Majesco is highly-desired
- Proven experience in managing application support and an ability to coordinate the efforts of others in the delivery of stable applications to the business. Engender a spirit of teamwork and cooperation amongst colleagues – proactively resolve issues or conflicts that could impact results achieved.
- Well organised with a good ability to analyse situations, diagnose problems, identify the key issues, establish and weigh up alternative courses of action and produce a logical, practical and acceptable solution.
- Necessary gravitas to deal with senior business owners with SME and expert presence
- Good knowledge of IT SDLC and application management
- Experience working with Microsoft .NET as well as Oracle and/or SQL Server
- Proven experience owning business and partner/vendor relationships
- Negotiation and influencing skills
- High level of service and internal/external client orientation as well as driver of operational efficiency
- Cost and budget management skills
- Collaborative working style, creating a culture of accountability and sharing
- Ability to function as a member of a technology team, willing to contribute in any capacity required to achieve success. Proven track record of leadership and managing through influence.
- Adaptive interpersonal, communicative and consultative skills to function across all levels, communicating with C-office, vendors, peers, clients, and IT management.
Munich Re is one of the world's leading reinsurance companies with approximately 40,000 employees in over 50 locations around the globe. As an industry leader, we provide a unique opportunity to be part of a global success story. We offer our employees a diverse and challenging work environment which champions high performance, professional development, innovation and passion; and rewards top performers with a highly competitive total rewards package.
Munich Re Specialty Group North America. (MRSG N.A.) is the parent company of Roanoke Insurance Group (RIG). RIG is the leading provider of specialty and marine insurance and surety solutions for US SME market. In fact, we are recognized as the most reliable source for U.S. customs bonds. Established in 1935, we were the first company in the United States to serve the needs of customs brokers and their clients.
Their mission has always been - and continues to be - to set the industry standard in delivering quality specialty and marine insurance, surety and risk management services to those businesses involved in importing, exporting or transporting goods. Roanoke Insurance Group is a subsidiary of Munich Re, and an affiliate of the Munich Re Syndicate, Ltd., the leading syndicate underwriting transportation risks at Lloyd's of London. We're strategically represented in ten cities throughout the United States and hold appropriate resident and non-resident insurance licenses in all 50 states and in the District of Columbia.
At Munich Re US, we see Diversity and Inclusion as a solution to the challenges and opportunities all around us. Our goal is to foster an inclusive culture and build a workforce that reflects the customers we serve and the communities in which we live and work. We strive to provide a workplace where all of our colleagues feel respected, valued and empowered to achieve their very best every day. We recruit and develop talent with a focus on providing our customers the most innovative products and services.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Munich Re America Services, Inc. is a services provider to affiliated group companies primarily related to general services, procurement and IT services.