Consultant Procurement Analytics
Princeton , United States
Your jobMunich Re America Services (MRAS) is a shared service organization that delivers services to all Munich Re US P&C Companies and other group entities.
We’re adding to our diverse team of experts and are looking to hire those who are committed to building a culture that enables the creation of innovative solutions for our business units and clients.
As a member of Munich Re's US operations, we offer the financial strength and stability that comes with being part of the world's preeminent insurance and reinsurance brand. Our risk experts work together to assemble the right mix of products and services to help our clients stay competitive – from traditional reinsurance coverages, to niche and specialty reinsurance and insurance products.
Global Procurement Operations main targets are the global standardization and automation of all procurement-relevant processes on an end-to-end basis in alignment with all relevant stakeholders, e.g. Accounting, IT, Tax, Controlling. Global Procurement Operations main target is to deliver best-in-class processes and tools for strategic, tactical and operative procurement. This includes the definition and implementation of global tool strategy for end-to-end processes in Plan-to-Strategy (P2S), Source-to-Contract (S2C) and Procure-to-Pay (P2P), and provision of a professional helpdesk support for the global Coupa tool suite. To ensure a high automation rate and user adoption rate procurement operations harmonizes and standardizes procurement relevant business processes on a global level.
This Procurement Analytics Analyst develops, implements, manages and drives a consistent regional analytics approach for procurement, monitors Spend, tactical and strategic procurement KPIs. Key objectives are to identify inefficiencies within the source-to-pay process and develop further KPI’s to measure CPA’s regional performance.
This role will report directly into the Regional Head of Procurement Operations and will work closely with the Global Procurement Analytics and Controlling in Munich.
Future focused and always one step ahead
- Develop and implement with the “Global Procurement Analytics and Controlling” a regional data and analytics model, a consistent process mining and reporting approach within procurement (end-to-end).
- Maintain a consistent data model across all end-to-end procurement systems and enrich with data from other internal sources or third parties. Process, clean, and verify the integrity of data used for analysis.
- Manage 3rd party data integration into Coupa modules and expand data collection to include relevant information for building procurement analytics systems e.g. Supplier Master Data enrichment, Supplier Risk Data enrichment, Supplier Diversity enrichment.
- Convert existing sources (e.g., Excel spreadsheets) and develop into available tools, e.g. Coupa Analytics, Celonis Process Mining, and MS Power BI.
- Prepare and explore big data sets as well as create insights and use cases based on data.
- Consult and educate stakeholders in modern data and analytics processes.
- Ensure all regulatory requirements are fulfilled when using different data e.g. data protection law.
- Monitor all Procurement KPIs (e.g. Procurement Success, Addressed Spend, Process efficiency KPIs) to identify opportunities and efficiency improvements for CPA.
- Supports the optimization of total spend of more than $330 million annually in order to deliver a reduction in total cost of ownership. The scope of this role is expected to expand substantially through continued extension of its mandate in terms of spend, analytics responsibilities, and regulatory & compliancy requirements.
- The position is involved in end to end processes in Source-to-Contract and Purchase-to-Pay activities in North America and Canada.
Your profileSuccessful candidates will possess the following skills/capabilities:
- Degree in computer science, mathematics or statistics, ideally combined with economics / business administration with focus on Data Analytics / Data Science
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience as business analyst with strong acumen in preparing data for informed decision making for senior stakeholder additionally excellent communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and ability to solve complex challenges, curiosity in discovering for new solutions outside of traditional approaches
- Strong knowledge of data warehouse and data modelling concepts to ensure best practice data analytics
- Very high experience in data structuring and cleansing and ability to interpret and visualize data with MS Power BI, Celonis, Coupa Analytics
- Excellent programming skills in at least one scripting language (e.g. Python, R) or higher programming language (e.g. Java, C++) as well as advanced knowledge in SQL
- Experience with end-to-end procurement processes and spend analysis
- Solid understanding of Process Mining and Machine Learning Models
- Excellent ability to communicate to both technical and non-technical communities
- Excellent team player with ability influence various members of the organization
- Very high level of customer focus and entrepreneurial thinking
- Dynamic, highly proactive and self-driven
- Very good communication and presentation skills
We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Munich Re America Services, Inc. is a services provider to affiliated group companies primarily related to general services, procurement and IT services.