Sr Application Developer
Munich Re America Services
Princeton , United States
- Designs builds, and maintains efficient, reusable, and reliable code leveraging agreed or established specifications and standards.
- Integrates developed applications and standard components for end-to-end business solutions.
- Translates use cases into functional applications by developing prototypes to validate business hypotheses or architecture design.
- As part of our DevOps mode (build, own, run), supports stable and smooth maintenance of the products.
- Delivers high-quality Digital Solutions/Portals on Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) leveraging best practices for UI development and integrations on the platform.
- Supports migration efforts of AEM applications to AEM as Cloud Service (AEMaaCS)
- Leads AEM development teams/efforts and provides technical help as required including conducting peer reviews.
- Supports Agile Development teams with technical assessments and delivery of feature /enhancement requests in a DevOps mode.
- Supports as Level 3 (SME) for production service requests when required
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications.
- Creates required business and/or technical documentation to support product needs including documentation for security and operational compliance.
- Collaborates with the Global Development community - The development teams at Munich Re typically consist of internal external consultants and provider resources across multiple locations onshore and nearshore.
- Willing to Coach and Mentor junior members of the team.
Knowldge Required & Qualifications :
- 8+ Years’ experience in implementing solutions using Adobe Target, Analytics, and Cloud Manager.
- Experienced as a developer on at least 2 large AEM implementations on AEM 6.x.
- Experience with migrating AEM applications to AEM as Cloud Service (AEMaaCS)
- Experience with Adobe Cloud Manager pipeline and deploying to AEMaaCS is plus.
- Experience with Adobe Experience Manager (Authoring, API integration, JCR Sling API, Version Control)
- Experience in integrating AEM applications with REST APIs
- Deep understanding of Java, Java EE, Servlets, HTL/Sightly skills, combined with a strong understanding of enterprise Java frameworks such as Spring.
- Implement Adobe Experience Manager solutions for web and mobile
- Proficient in Day CQ / Adobe AEM foundational concepts, including the use of core frameworks such as Apache Sling and Apache Felix, a solid understanding of all of the related building blocks including templates, components, dialogs, widgets, etc., and the Adobe AEM development and deployment process.
- A clear understanding of DevOps principles, preferably with VSTS and Git - source control, branching, merging, and code reviews.
- Knowledge of microservices architectures, containers, and cloud services (including integrating with microservice) is a plus.
- Know-how about TDD (test-driven design), unit testing, and automated testing (frameworks).
- Good analysis, modeling, and design skills; ability to apply consistent architectural patterns and coding frameworks to new development efforts.
- Good interpersonal communications skills; competency to interact with business users as well as team members in a professional way