Sr Cloud Architect
Munich Re America Services
, United States
In the order of their importance to Munich Reinsurance America, Inc. please list the major tasks or duties performed regularly to fulfill the basic function of the position. Begin each accountability with an action verb (e.g., manage, implement, develop, evaluate, negotiate, determine). In most circumstances, there should not be more than 8 major accountabilities.
- Work with highly experienced Munich Re Solution Architects and Enterprise Architects – who have a wealth of experience both at Munich Re and from their wider technology roles.
- Analysis of requirements and development of cloud based target application architectures for GSI business units (especially PaaS - currently focused on .net and Microsoft Azure Cloud, AWS in the future)
- Analysis of existing on-premise application architectures and creation of impact analyses / required architecture changes to make the move to the cloud successful
- Technical advising and consulting of development teams in all cloud related topics and colleagues in the international organization
- Identification, evaluation, setup and configuration of cloud components incl. technology scouting
- Design re-usable building blocks for GSI business units IT solutions
- Communication with project architects and developers as well as with project managers, business and other stakeholders to align activities and ensure added value
- Participation & ongoing collaboration in the global technical architects community
- Have a passion for enabling our Development, Test and Operations teams via tooling and automation and embrace continuous improvement
- Design DevOps solutions across application, network, deployment & scaling to meet complex project requirements.
- Be pivotal in building out Munich Re GSI business units cloud native platform and be directly involved in strategic design decisions.
Position Description Form
Dimensions: Describe the monetary impact or scope of the position. Examples of this can be given in terms of budget dollars, gross/net premiums written, base payroll of employees supervised, dollar volume or number of claims handled, equipment costs, etc. (Not all of these factors may be applicable for every position.)
Scope of Accountabilities: Briefly describe the position's greatest challenges or problems or those opportunities with which decision making and/or creative skills must be applied.
Measure: Ensures staff meets or exceeds target for Customer Surveys, SLAs, OLAs and KPIs
Measure: Maintains budget and practices effective expense cost management
Basic Knowledge, Skills, And Experience: List the preferred specialized knowledge, skills and/or scope of related experience required to successfully achieve the major accountabilities of the position. Include position related experience, specialized training, certification, competencies or any special licensing necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer science or equivalent practitioner experience with excellent IT and Cloud architecture skills.
- 5+ years of experience in the development and architectural design of large IT solutions in the cloud (as IT architect or technical lead)
- Very good knowledge of cloud architectures and cloud native application designs - especially based on PaaS services (profound hands-on Microsoft Azure knowledge required)
- Deep understanding of cloud design patterns, Cloud Native Architecture and principles, Cloud Operations and Cloud Security Models
- Proven and demonstrable experience in architecting, designing and implementing high volume, high availability cloud applications with a very high degree of automation.
- Very good knowledge of Infrastructure as Code development using ARM, Terraform or Powershell
- Very good knowledge of DevSecOps practices incl. Build-/Release-/Continuous Integration tools and frameworks such as Azure DevOps, GitHub or Jenkins
- Comprehensive experience regarding REST micro service architectures
- Profound knowledge of agile software development and methodology
- Pronounced analytical and conceptual capabilities coupled with the ability to present complex situations in a clear and precise way
- Ability to lead and consult a development team
- Analytical (proven problem solver) skills and attention to detail
- Good communication skills with the ability to right level conversations