Actuarial Analyst Senior
Philadelphia , United States
Your job*We will consider candidates in Princeton, NJ or Philadelphia, PA.
We’re adding to our diverse team of experts and are looking to hire those who are committed to building a culture that enables the creation of innovative solutions for our business units and clients.
The Insurance Operations
Munich Re US recently launched a new insurance operations described as Munich Re Specialty Insurance (MRSI) that unites the strengths and expertise of Munich Re’s specialty commercial teams in North America under a new management structure. This allows for the development of an overarching sales strategy through which the specialty risk appetite and offering of products that can be profitably optimized and expanded.
As a member of Munich Re's US operations, we offer the financial strength and stability that comes with being part of the world's preeminent insurance and reinsurance brand. Our risk experts work together to assemble the right mix of products and services to help our clients stay competitive – from traditional reinsurance coverages, to niche and specialty reinsurance and insurance products.
Future focused and always one step ahead
This Actuarial Analyst Senior provide actuarial pricing/rating support for MRSI. This person will support Program business in meeting it’s goals by analyzing, evaluating, modeling and rating potential competitive solutions for our clients, as well as supporting rate filings.
In this position you will:
- Prepare and complete pricing analyses with some guidance, including the development of rates, ultimate loss projections and communication of results.
- Participate in development and update of Actuarial models and databases through formula development, research on methodologies, and collaboration on technical teams.
- Support for result monitoring, pricing and portfolio management projects that will assist underwriters and management in managing and steering business. Document and communicate assumptions, results, and alternatives to actuarial staff and internal and external clients.
- Understanding and ability to discuss and apply the use of existing & new actuarial concepts/techniques involving exposure adjustments, trend, loss development, exposure rating, et al with some assistance/guidance.
- Identification of data issues requiring specialized actuarial attention
- Provide actuarial insight and expertise as a participant on a Line of Business Expert Group
- Pursue formal education via Casualty Actuarial Society (CAS) exams.
- Participate in training of others (underwriters, client managers, risk analysts, accountants and actuaries) regarding actuarial analyses and methodologies.
Your profileSuccessful candidates will possess the following skills/capabilities:
- Bachelors degree in Mathematics, Actuarial Science, Economics, Business or related field.
- Passed four (4) to six (6) actuarial exams.
- At least four (4) years of insurance/reinsurance and actuarial pricing experience.
- Good technical actuarial skills.
- Proficient computer skills in MS Office Suite, including PowerBI to be used for ratemaking, pricing, modeling stochastic distributions or data analysis.
- Experience in use of Python, SAS, R or other statistical software in insurance pricing applications.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Founded in 1917, Munich Reinsurance America, Inc. is one of the largest reinsurers in the United States. Munich Reinsurance America, Inc. has earned the A+ (Superior) financial strength rating from A.M. Best Company - that's among the highest in the industry. Over 1,000 employees serve our clients from our Princeton, New Jersey campus and regional offices throughout the United States.
As a member of Munich Re's US operations, we offer the financial strength and stability that comes with being part of the world's preeminent insurance and reinsurance brand. Our risk experts work together to assemble the right mix of products and services to help you stay competitive - from traditional reinsurance coverages, to niche and specialty reinsurance and insurance products.