Head of Mobility and Innovation Risk Solutions
Philadelphia , United States
Your jobWe’re adding to our diverse team of experts and are looking to hire those who are committed to building a culture that enables the creation of innovative solutions for our business units and clients.
The Insurance Operations
Munich Re US has established an insurance organization described as Munich Re Specialty Insurance that is uniting the strengths and expertise of Munich Re’s specialty commercial teams in North America under a common management structure. This will allow for the development of an overarching sales strategy through which our specialty risk appetite and product offerings can be profitably optimized and expanded.
As a member of Munich Re's US operations, we offer the financial strength and stability that comes with being part of the world's preeminent insurance and reinsurance brand. Our risk experts work together to assemble the right mix of products and services to help our clients stay competitive – from traditional reinsurance coverages, to niche and specialty reinsurance and insurance products.
Future focused and always one step ahead
The Head of Mobility and Innovation Risk Solutions has the ability to make an immediate impact and contribute to success of Munich Re as a global leader. In the evolving mobility ecosystem, we are looking for a leader to drive the identification and development of differentiated insurance and risk management solutions for our clients. Additionally, this leader will drive a forward thinking mindset and lead a team to turn ideas into tangible, profitable revenue-generating opportunities.
Major responsibilities include:
- Will build and lead a team in providing underwriting solutions integrated with mobility products that go beyond the traditional boundaries of insurance and drive our U.S. business forward.
- Responsible for the development of forward looking data-enabled solutions by pairing analytics and technology to develop innovative offerings that reduce risk and improve operational performance for our clients.
- Responsible for developing and executing a robust business strategy, including building strategic partnerships with mobility providers to drive innovation in the automotive-insurance landscape in areas such as vehicle telematics, shared mobility, crash avoidance systems, and autonomous driving.
- Drives and leads and the underwriting strategy, execution and profitability of the mobility and innovation efforts within Munich Re Specialty Insurance, establishing MRSI as a top mobility player with the U.S. market.
- Drives the execution and practical implementation of revenue generating U.S. mobility opportunities.
- Ensures consistency and alignment of the U.S. Mobility strategy with Munich Re F&C, ERGO, the Global Consulting Unit and others around U.S. deployment of one global strategy focused on making mobility a priority for the Group.
Your profileSuccessful candidates should possess the following skills/capabilities:
- Prefer 15+ years prior underwriting experience, grounded in commercial auto liability and/or innovation with 5+ years of prior management experience.
- Strong technical and analytical acumen including the understanding of insurance and reinsurance transactions in the commercial auto and mobility marketplace.
- CPCU certification, Actuarial Fellowship, MBA or JD preferred.
- Demonstrated superior negotiation skills, facilitating and managing the complexities and difficulties associated with sourcing business through third-party production sources and the ability to manage key client relationships while maintaining profitable relationships throughout market cycles.
- Strong ability to think strategically and demonstrated ability to contribute to new ideas and thinking within an industry niche.
- Ability to communicate effectively and think strategically with clients, production sources and personnel at all levels throughout the Munich Re Group and the wider industry.
- Experience in providing underwriter training, with strong skill set in giving straight-forward, clear direction, guidance and coaching.
- Proficient in data extraction from proprietary mainframe systems and proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel and PowerPoint.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Founded in 1917, Munich Reinsurance America, Inc. is one of the largest reinsurers in the United States. Munich Reinsurance America, Inc. has earned the A+ (Superior) financial strength rating from A.M. Best Company - that's among the highest in the industry. Over 1,000 employees serve our clients from our Princeton, New Jersey campus and regional offices throughout the United States.
As a member of Munich Re's US operations, we offer the financial strength and stability that comes with being part of the world's preeminent insurance and reinsurance brand. Our risk experts work together to assemble the right mix of products and services to help you stay competitive - from traditional reinsurance coverages, to niche and specialty reinsurance and insurance products.