Chicago , United States
Your job* We are open regarding location to Philadelphia, PA, Chicago, IL, New York, NY and Princeton, NJ.
We’re adding to our diverse team of experts and are looking to hire those who are committed to building a culture that enables the creation of innovative solutions for our business units and clients.
The Insurance Operations
Munich Re US is launching new insurance operations described as Munich Re Specialty Insurance that will unite the strengths and expertise of Munich Re’s specialty commercial teams in North America under a new management structure. This will allow for the development of an overarching sales strategy through which the specialty risk appetite and product offerings can be profitably optimized and expanded.
As a member of Munich Re's US operations, we offer the financial strength and stability that comes with being part of the world's preeminent insurance and reinsurance brand. Our risk experts work together to assemble the right mix of products and services to help our clients stay competitive – from traditional reinsurance coverages, to niche and specialty reinsurance and insurance products.
Future focused and always one step ahead
The Actuary Senior will lead team members and manage workloads for the analysis, evaluation and modeling of potential solutions using actuarial methods and processes in support of the business goals of the Company. They will also lead projects associated with the development and update of Actuarial Models and Databases through formula development, research on methodologies and collaboration on technical teams.
Key to the achievement of our goals to become a digital enterprise which leverages data analytics in order to make decisions about current and future risks, you’ll be empowered and expected to support and add to our culture of innovation and the data vision for the future.
In this position you will:
- Complete and prioritize multiple actuarial analyses. This may include rate filings, ultimate loss projections, pricing studies, risk capital modeling, portfolio analysis, research projects. Lead and manage projects/analyses requiring multiple resources including those who are not direct reports.
- Lead the development, maintenance and enhancement of actuarial models which support the business plan. Ability to develop and build complex models including written specifications for IT.
- Lead the communication, documentation and coordination of information, technical issues, and activities between actuarial departments as well as with internal & external colleagues and clients.
- Provide leadership in the training of underwriters, client managers, underwriting assistants and other actuaries regarding actuarial analyses and methodologies.
- Complete high-level peer reviews on actuarial work and provide constructive feedback, as needed. Maintain consistency of methods as appropriate.
- Direct and lead the development of new methodologies, products and procedures for the company.
- Manage the work for those who are not direct reports including other actuaries, programmers and support staff, as needed.
Your profileSuccessful candidates will possess the following skills/capabilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics, Actuarial Science, Economics, Finance, Statistics or related field requiring modeling, programming, or quantitative analysis..
- Membership in the Casualty Actuarial Society or Society of Actuaries with the attainment of Fellowship (FCAS or FSA) and membership in the American Academy of Actuaries (MAAA). Ten (10) years of (re)insurance/actuarial experience.
- Strong technical actuarial skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Good time management skills
- Excellent Oral & Written communication skills.
At Munich Re US, we see Diversity and Inclusion as a solution to the challenges and opportunities all around us. Our goal is to foster an inclusive culture and build a workforce that reflects the customers we serve and the communities in which we live and work. We strive to provide a workplace where all of our colleagues feel respected, valued and empowered to achieve their very best every day. We recruit and develop talent with a focus on providing our customers the most innovative products and services.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Founded in 1917, Munich Reinsurance America, Inc. is one of the largest reinsurers in the United States. Munich Reinsurance America, Inc. has earned the A+ (Superior) financial strength rating from A.M. Best Company - that's among the highest in the industry. Over 1,000 employees serve our clients from our Princeton, New Jersey campus and regional offices throughout the United States.
As a member of Munich Re's US operations, we offer the financial strength and stability that comes with being part of the world's preeminent insurance and reinsurance brand. Our risk experts work together to assemble the right mix of products and services to help you stay competitive - from traditional reinsurance coverages, to niche and specialty reinsurance and insurance products.