Actuarial Manager Senior
Cincinnati , United States
Your job* We will consider candidates in the following U.S. locations: Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Cincinnati, Columbus (Ohio), Hartford (CT), New York City, Philadelphia, Princeton (NJ) and Scottsdale.
We’re adding to our diverse team of experts and are looking to hire those who are committed to building a culture that enables the creation of innovative solutions for our business units and clients.
The Insurance Operations
Munich Re US is launching new insurance operations described as Munich Re Specialty Insurance that will unite the strengths and expertise of Munich Re’s specialty commercial teams in North America under a new management structure. This will allow for the development of an overarching sales strategy through which the specialty risk appetite and product offerings can be profitably optimized and expanded.
As a member of Munich Re's US operations, we offer the financial strength and stability that comes with being part of the world's preeminent insurance and reinsurance brand. Our risk experts work together to assemble the right mix of products and services to help our clients stay competitive – from traditional reinsurance coverages, to niche and specialty reinsurance and insurance products.
Future focused and always one step ahead
The Actuarial Manager Senior will lead a team of actuarial professionals who provide actuarial pricing services to MRSI’s Digital Partners (DP) business. They will direct the development and application of pricing algorithms and parameters and associated tools while leveraging data and analytics to support the business’s profitability and growth goals.
Key to the achievement of our goals is to become a digital enterprise which leverages data analytics in order to make decisions about current and future risks, you’ll be empowered and expected to support and add to our culture of innovation and the data vision for the future.
In this position you will:
- Prioritize and lead actuarial and pricing analytics activities of team, while balancing potentially conflicting demands, and partner with business unit to monitor and steer portfolio to meet profitability and growth goals.
- Lead the development of new methodologies, products and procedures, integrating traditional actuarial techniques and advanced analytics. Lead the development, maintenance and enhancement of actuarial models which support the business plan and develop written specifications as needed. Lead efforts to streamline processes and workflow.
- Maintain current knowledge of trends and products in the (re)insurance industries, with a focus on the insurtech sector, and ensure reflection in pricing guidelines, practices, parameters and models, as appropriate.
- Complete peer reviews of actuarial work and provide constructive feedback, as needed, ensuring actuarial work products comply with applicable standards of practice.
- Interact with internal and external contacts to improve quality and knowledge of work product.
- Participate in client visits or audits as needed. Act as liaison on actuarial/analytics-related discussions.
- In collaboration with actuarial colleagues, participate in defining appropriate actuarial polices, practices, and standards across the division.
- Assess training needs and ensure the technical and professional development of the team. Lead the team in the training of underwriters, Client managers and underwriting assistants regarding actuarial analyses and methodologies. Actively manage exam study-time and continuing education and training of team.
Your profileSuccessful candidates will possess the following skills/capabilities:
- Bachelor's Degree in mathematics, Actuarial Science, Economics, Finance, Statistics or related field requiring modeling, programming or quantitative analysis
- Membership in the Casualty Actuarial Society (ACAS) and membership in the American Academy of Actuaries (MAAA)
- Twelve (12) years of insurance/actuarial experience with at least five (5) year in primary commercial insurance pricing
- Five (5) years of management experience (direct and/or non-direct reports)
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to influence and negotiate with others and create acceptance for proposals
- Strong technical skills. Ability to influence and negotiate with others and create acceptance for proposals
- Strong technical skills including model building and data capture
- Knowledge of advanced analytics
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Founded in 1917, Munich Reinsurance America, Inc. is one of the largest reinsurers in the United States. Munich Reinsurance America, Inc. has earned the A+ (Superior) financial strength rating from A.M. Best Company - that's among the highest in the industry. Over 1,000 employees serve our clients from our Princeton, New Jersey campus and regional offices throughout the United States.
As a member of Munich Re's US operations, we offer the financial strength and stability that comes with being part of the world's preeminent insurance and reinsurance brand. Our risk experts work together to assemble the right mix of products and services to help you stay competitive - from traditional reinsurance coverages, to niche and specialty reinsurance and insurance products.