Staff Accountant Bell & Clements
Herndon , United States
Your jobThis position reports to Charles Urick in Bell and Clements
Bell & Clements is an accredited Lloyd’s insurance broker specializing in broking and underwriting services for North American wholesale brokers and managing general agents. We are wholly-owned by the Munich Re Group (Munich Re) and provide our customers with access to Lloyd’s, London, and International markets.
Since 1983 Bell & Clements has been involved in providing delegated binding authorities. We are an underwriting-led business and have a particular expertise in excess and surplus lines business. Over the years we have become widely acknowledged market leaders in this field and have the confidence of customers and markets alike.
Our success is built on long-term relationships, reliability, and quality of service. We specialize in business sectors where we can develop a prominent position through commitment, experience and expertise.
Bell & Clements has particular expertise in providing North American wholesale brokers and managing general agents with a comprehensive service for excess and surplus lines business. Over the years we have become acknowledged market leaders in the provision and management of binding authorities.
As well as contributing expertise in broking, claims and underwriting we are widely recognized for our investment in and development of market leading technology to produce streamlined working practices for our customers' benefit.
Our business is organized into teams specializing in specific areas. However, the teams are not restricted by departmental boundaries and work together collaboratively, enabling us to provide the best possible service and effective solutions.
We have offices in London UK, Herndon VA and Summit NJ in the USA. This offers our customers support from both sides of the Atlantic.
Our goal, building relationships through innovation.
Description of Responsibilities:
- Book all journal entries.
- Prepare month end close.
- Prepare monthly invoices for Management Charges and other miscellaneous costs to B&C Ltd for reimbursement to B&C Inc
- Post B&C vendor invoices and payments and E&S non-claim vendor invoices and payments into Exchequer.
- Maintain Fixed Assets spreadsheet, enter newly purchased Fixed Assets into Excel, upload any activity to the Global Nominal Entry.
- Enter all information from the Aged Debtors and Creditors Report and the Global Nominal Trial Balance Report into Excel spreadsheet and then upload the journal entry to Exchequer.
- Enter prepayments and accruals into Excel and Exchequer software.
- Process Payroll, 401k, and Benefits
- Interact with payroll vendor to verify correctness.
- Process journal entry into Exchequer
- Quarterly review 941 report
- Update bank reconciliation for the Wells Fargo and Citizens operational account
- Allocate account receivables – Money Market and Bordereaux payments
- Prepare and submit bordereaux spreadsheet to Brown & Riding.
- Report and resolve any bordereau or cash receipt variances in Global with B&C Ltd. Accounting.
- Enter all information from the Jet File Trial Balance into Excel spreadsheet and then upload the journal entry into Exchequer.
- E&S Claims Management:
- Sanctions check ImageRight claims payables.
- Report weekly bank balances to B&C Ltd Accounting.
- Check daily activity in each bank reconciliations for B&C Inc., GLISE, AWH, and Operating accounts.
- Prepare monthly invoices and process monthly wire transfer to B&C Inc. and post to Sales Ledger module in Exchequer.
- Process all month end closing entries and reconcile.
- Reconcile all bank accounts in Global software.
- Process monthly wire transfers for E&S claims handling fees and FedEx fees.
- Enter all accounting entries from Excel spreadsheets and upload into Exchequer.
- Approve CSV files in Intellix.
- Loss Fund Accounts:
- Reconcile loss fund bank accounts daily.
- Process check register and stop payments from TPA into the PDF file and submit this file to Citizens.
- Upload and approve positive pay CSV file on Citizens bank website.
- Verify total checks written and stop payments agree to bank reconciliation.
- Cross train Accounts Payable clerk.
- Assorted other accounting duties as is required and as skill set develops.
Your profileDescription of Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in accounting.
- 3+ years of experience in an Accounting role
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office programs.
- Ability to work with various computer software programs.
- Strong organizational and office/customer/vendor interaction skills
- Independent self starter
Founded in 1917, Munich Reinsurance America, Inc. is one of the largest reinsurers in the United States. Munich Reinsurance America, Inc. has earned the A+ (Superior) financial strength rating from A.M. Best Company - that's among the highest in the industry. Over 1,000 employees serve our clients from our Princeton, New Jersey campus and regional offices throughout the United States.
As a member of Munich Re's US operations, we offer the financial strength and stability that comes with being part of the world's preeminent insurance and reinsurance brand. Our risk experts work together to assemble the right mix of products and services to help you stay competitive - from traditional reinsurance coverages, to niche and specialty reinsurance and insurance products.