Munich Re Specialty Insurance Intern
Princeton , United States
Your jobThe job involves extracting and transforming data from broker submissions into a format compatible for data collection and aggregation. This includes working with documents in both structured and unstructured formats (eg pdf, Word, Excel), identifying the key data to be extracted, and transforming and mapping that data into a defined structure.
- Undergraduate student or above with background in actuarial science, risk management, business administration or similar areas.
- GPA 3.0 and above
- Insurance experience not necessary, but prior knowledge of insurance terms would be beneficial for the work.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work with data sets, manipulate and scrub data, perform basic analysis
- Detail-oriented, attention to detail
- Quick learner
- Ability to apply and adapt learnings to new circumstances
We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Founded in 1917, Munich Reinsurance America, Inc. is one of the largest reinsurers in the United States. Munich Reinsurance America, Inc. has earned the A+ (Superior) financial strength rating from A.M. Best Company - that's among the highest in the industry. Over 1,000 employees serve our clients from our Princeton, New Jersey campus and regional offices throughout the United States.
As a member of Munich Re's US operations, we offer the financial strength and stability that comes with being part of the world's preeminent insurance and reinsurance brand. Our risk experts work together to assemble the right mix of products and services to help you stay competitive - from traditional reinsurance coverages, to niche and specialty reinsurance and insurance products.