Director Product Management Workers Comp/Sr. Product Manager
New York , United States
Your jobDigital Partners collaborates closely with insurance start-ups and digital verticals, working with them to develop scalable and sustainable insurance business.
The Director, Product Management works in partnership with the Head of DP (North America) and senior leadership team to help identify and manage product opportunities and offerings. This person will drive an integrated product strategy that includes maintaining adequate pricing and profitability across the organization, while partnering closely with Business Development to develop new or improved product offerings to strengthen or expand markets.
Core objective of the role is growth and profitability of the North American product portfolio, or P&L responsibility for business written through our digital clients. This will require leadership of a multi-disciplined and distributed team.
- Drive the development and implementation of strategies for Digital Partners Workers Comp business for new and existing business partners
- P&L ownership of the Workers Comp line of business for Digital Partners largest client
- Oversee the development, growth and profitability of new and existing business partners adapting approach and strategy as necessary with cooperation from the other business units
- Establish business plans and strategies to maximize profitable growth within Digital Partners WC business
- Identify new and interesting business development initiatives, applying opportunity management techniques to prioritize high potential opportunities with greatest likelihood of realization
- Maintain active involvement in claims, actuarial and data solutions regarding Digital Partners WC business
- Ensuring close co-operation and collaboration with other teams within MRSI and the corporate network
- Drive cross-team collaboration and innovation initiatives for Digital Partners, MRSI and the corporate network
- Develop and amend Workers Comp underwriting authority/guidelines for new and existing partners, ensuring that underwriting and production efforts follow corporate underwriting guidelines and established best practices
- Assess new potential partners, strategies and innovations in the WC space
- Design and implement underwriting guidelines, underwriting training, underwriting audits, due diligence reviews including follow-up actions.
- Management and development of employees of assigned staff members (as necessary if staffing is needed)
- Property & Casualty Insurance Product Development/Management
- 10 + years of relevant insurance experience
- 3 + years as Sr Product Mgr.
- Successful use of portfolio analytics to manage digital program business
- Ability to design a digital program, including the creation of underwriting guidelines and working with a forms team to develop exclusionary language and optional coverages
- Proven ability to manage and lead others
- Bachelor’s degree (required); master’s degree and/or insurance coursework leading to an industry designation e.g. CPCU, FCAS (preferred)
- Knowledge of state regulatory environment
- Experience working with start-ups (plus, but not required)
- Enjoys being a team player and engaging in the creation of entirely new products and business models
- Enjoys working in an environment where change is the only constant
- Willing to travel as needed (30%)
- Enjoys working in a constantly changing and fast-paced environment.
- Proven delivery track record, outcome focused.
- Self-starter but also a strong collaborator.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Founded in 1917, Munich Reinsurance America, Inc. is one of the largest reinsurers in the United States. Munich Reinsurance America, Inc. has earned the A+ (Superior) financial strength rating from A.M. Best Company - that's among the highest in the industry. Over 1,000 employees serve our clients from our Princeton, New Jersey campus and regional offices throughout the United States.
As a member of Munich Re's US operations, we offer the financial strength and stability that comes with being part of the world's preeminent insurance and reinsurance brand. Our risk experts work together to assemble the right mix of products and services to help you stay competitive - from traditional reinsurance coverages, to niche and specialty reinsurance and insurance products.