Head of Claims Transformation
Atlanta , United States
Your jobJob Description
We’re adding to our diverse team of experts and are looking to hire those who are committed to building a culture that enables the creation of innovative solutions for our business units and clients.
The Insurance Operations
Munich Re US has launched a new insurance operations described as Munich Re Specialty Insurance (MRSI) that unites the strengths and expertise of Munich Re’s specialty commercial teams in North America. This allows for the development of an overarching sales strategy through which the specialty risk appetite and product offerings can be profitably optimized and expanded.
As a member of Munich Re's US operations, we offer the financial strength and stability that comes with being part of the world's preeminent insurance and reinsurance brand. Our risk experts work together to assemble the right mix of products and services to help our clients stay competitive – from traditional reinsurance coverages, to niche and specialty reinsurance and insurance products.
Future focused and always one step ahead
The Head of Claims Transformation is part of the MRSI Claims Leadership Team and is a vital role for leading the MRSI Claims Department through its transformation journey to adapt to rapidly growing business and changing system environments and operationalize integration initiatives. A key objective will be to drive the Claims Integration through its Systems and Processes phase, while ensuring key infrastructure and systems are established and streamlined in order to create one centralized Claims function. This will include building an in-house Claims Operations functionality with interim and long-term solutions. This leader will also identify plans for standardization of systems, data, and processes to improve Claims management capabilities, reduce redundancies, and improve serviceability. Further, the Head of Claims Transformation will strategize the Claim system landscape and architecture to align with our growing business, which includes prioritizing and implementing the roll-out of claim system improvements, new claim systems, collapsing and/or sunsetting of legacy systems, and data migration plans, while ensuring that the core needs of the Claims Department are met throughout system transitions. The Head of Claims Transformation collaborates regularly with Finance, Data & Process Improvement, Analytics, Business Architecture, IT and other MRSI stakeholders.
The position will:
- Lead MRSI Claims Department through a reorganization and integration to adapt to rapidly growing business and changing system environments by developing strategy, priorities and recommendations.
- Work with Claims Operations to identify core functionality and maximize operational efficiency.
- Identify, prioritize and implement changes with structure, functions, processes, data, and systems to grow and adapt with MRSI Claims’ needs and provide visibility for Claims Management.
- Build functionality within systems to optimize efficiency and scale in-house handling.
- Collaborate with Finance, Data & Process Improvement, Analytics, Business Architecture, IT and other MRSI partners regularly to identify Claims operational objectives and lead workstreams to accomplish the same.
- Oversee, coordinate and ensure team executes timely internal and external reporting for company and regulatory requirements.
- Evaluate multiple legacy systems and incumbent system for optimal functionality to ensure consistent service delivery and customer experience.
- Communicate operational initiatives, project status, and solutions to key issues to Chief Claims Officer and MRSI Executive Team.
- Provide transformational leadership to cross-bordered legacy teams from different legal entities.
- Identify areas of process and systems improvement that will drive scalability.
- Strategize with Chief Claims Officer and MRSI Operations teams to to accomplish MRSI Claims organizational goals.
Your profileSuccessful candidates will possess the following experience/skills/qualifications:
- BA and/or advanced degree/ Lean six-sigma green belt or above preferred.
- 10-12 years operations experience, 5 or more of which P&C related.
- Polished senior leadership presence.
- Ability to lead through transition with solution-oriented mindset and adaptability.
- Experience with enterprise-wide systems, automation solutions, and operational best practices.
- In-depth knowledge and experience with P&C/ Specialty claims operations.
- Proven ability to manage organizational change, to involve and influence others to accept new ideas or innovative approaches, and lead in a team-based organization.
- Collaborative and approachable style to work effectively with a multi-functional teams, multiple departments, and foster an environment of shared responsibility and accountability.
- Advanced computer skills to include Microsoft Products, such as Share-point, Excel, Power Point, Visio.
- Analytic and technical ability to oversee develop reports, metrics and improvement plans..
We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Founded in 1917, Munich Reinsurance America, Inc. is one of the largest reinsurers in the United States. Munich Reinsurance America, Inc. has earned the A+ (Superior) financial strength rating from A.M. Best Company - that's among the highest in the industry. Over 1,000 employees serve our clients from our Princeton, New Jersey campus and regional offices throughout the United States.
As a member of Munich Re's US operations, we offer the financial strength and stability that comes with being part of the world's preeminent insurance and reinsurance brand. Our risk experts work together to assemble the right mix of products and services to help you stay competitive - from traditional reinsurance coverages, to niche and specialty reinsurance and insurance products.