Princeton , United States
Your jobWe’re adding to our diverse team of experts and are looking to hire those who are committed to building a culture that enables the creation of innovative solutions for our business units and clients. We will consider a range of reinsurance and/or relevant insurance experience for this role and the offer will be commensurate with that.
Munich Re US offers the financial strength and stability that comes with being part of the world's preeminent insurance and reinsurance brand. Our risk experts work together to assemble the right mix of products and services to help our clients stay competitive – from traditional reinsurance coverages, to niche and specialty reinsurance and insurance products.
We address the key challenges of the future – that is what we have been doing in the US property/casualty reinsurance market since 1917. As a leading reinsurer, we deal with the issues that affect business and society and work to devise risk management and risk transfer solutions that render tomorrow’s world insurable. Our recipe for success: we anticipate risks early on and deliver solutions tailored to your needs, creating opportunities to achieve sustained profitable growth.
Future focused and always one step ahead
Key to the achievement of our goals to become a digital enterprise which leverages data analytics in order to make decisions about current and future risks, you’ll be empowered and expected to support and add to our culture of innovation and the vision for the future of Reinsurance.
The reinsurance analytics team is tasked with exploring innovative uses of data to expand our understanding of risk and deliver key insights. This role will:
- Work under the guidance of more senior data science staff on data analysis and modeling projects. Ensure the appropriate modeling and analytic methodologies are applied within the scope of a given project.
- Work on small scale or ad hoc data science projects independently. Ensure work is reviewed by more senior data scientists before submission to business partners.
- Work closely with data engineering and infrastructure teams to deploy models and data products at scale.
Core accountabilities include:
- Develop and understand the analytical needs of business partners to identify optimal solutions
- Analyze and extract preliminary insights from data
- Prepare and complete complex data analysis and modeling
- Document and communicate assumptions, results and alternatives to team members and business partners
- Create pipelines for wrangling large, complicated datasets from different sources and formats
- Research and develop analytical tools appropriate to support robust business decisions and expand our analytic capabilities
Your profileQualifications include:
- 2+ years of professional experience, re/insurance experience preferred
- 2+ years of hands-on Python or R experience with strong data exploration and manipulation skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Math or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
- Strong conceptual understanding of statistical methods applied to real-world data, including the ability to identify and articulate data and modeling issues
- Experience with Git, SQL, business intelligence tools, and cloud platforms
- Demonstrated ability to experiment with and learn new technologies
- Self-starter with a high level of intellectual curiosity and dedication
- Able to build a sense of trust and rapport that creates an effective workplace
At Munich Re US, we see Diversity and Inclusion as a solution to the challenges and opportunities all around us. Our goal is to foster an inclusive culture and build a workforce that reflects the customers we serve and the communities in which we live and work. We strive to provide a workplace where all of our colleagues feel respected, valued and empowered to achieve their very best every day. We recruit and develop talent with a focus on providing our customers the most innovative products and services.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Founded in 1917, Munich Reinsurance America, Inc. is one of the largest reinsurers in the United States. Munich Reinsurance America, Inc. has earned the A+ (Superior) financial strength rating from A.M. Best Company - that's among the highest in the industry. Over 1,000 employees serve our clients from our Princeton, New Jersey campus and regional offices throughout the United States.
As a member of Munich Re's US operations, we offer the financial strength and stability that comes with being part of the world's preeminent insurance and reinsurance brand. Our risk experts work together to assemble the right mix of products and services to help you stay competitive - from traditional reinsurance coverages, to niche and specialty reinsurance and insurance products.