Princeton , United States
Your jobWe’re adding to our diverse team of experts and are looking to hire those who are committed to building a culture that enables the creation of innovative solutions for our business units and clients.
The Insurance Operations
Munich Re US has launched a new insurance operations described as Munich Re Specialty Insurance (MRSI) that unites the strengths and expertise of Munich Re’s specialty commercial teams in North America. This allows for the development of an overarching sales strategy through which the specialty risk appetite and product offerings can be profitably optimized and expanded.
As a member of Munich Re's US operations, we offer the financial strength and stability that comes with being part of the world's preeminent insurance and reinsurance brand. Our risk experts work together to assemble the right mix of products and services to help our clients stay competitive – from traditional reinsurance coverages, to niche and specialty reinsurance and insurance products.
Future focused and always one step ahead
The Business Analyst we are looking for is a self-starting role that will support a portfolio of technical systems change management initiatives focusing on supporting insurance accounting operations including premium, tax and commissions billing, reporting, controlling, balancing premium data to General Ledger data, Account Current Reconciliation, approval and allocation of disbursement, and disbursement. The business analyst will work with the financial aspects of various business units within the organization. As the link between business functions and IT, these individuals will be accountable for evaluating and understanding existing accounting processes to provide solutions that ensure realization of business value.
In this position you will:
- Manage business partner expectations by leading the analysis of business, IT operational tasks and requirements and R & D work across the organization's value chain.
- Evaluate information and data gathered from multiple sources, identify impacts and decompose high-level information into details.
- Facilitate business model design sessions with SMEs and document existing and future procedures, systems, and workflows.
- Work with product owners to drive the alignment, assessment, and prioritization of identified demands within the respective business change.
- Collaborate with Product Owner to define and manage project scope, anticipating issues while proactively recommending solutions.
- Provide timely updates on opportunities, risks, issues and progress
- Work with business and technical partners to design digital flow for application implementations.
- Produce and manage requirements/user stories and acceptance criteria from undefined and unstructured information on strategic projects
- Prepare release notes, help test functionality including development of test cases for UAT and business training.
- Support business platform questions and issues as well as raise system bugs and work with technical teams to resolve.
- Evaluate, analyze and manage software vendors
- Provide operational expertise in insurance policy administration
- Any additional duties and responsibilities that may reasonably be expected to be undertaken in accordance with the role
Your profileSuccessful candidates will possess the following experience/skills/capabilities:
- 6+ years in as a business analyst or equivalent in the P&C insurance industry. 3+ minimum; 6+ preferred
- Experience with accounting or billing systems preferred
- Knowledge of the end-to-end insurance workflow in billing or accounting with P&C
- P&C underwriting experience a plus
- Experience developing user stories, acceptance criteria and testing scenarios in agile delivery method.
- Ability to lead or participate in scoping, design and story boarding exercises with an investigative mindset to ensure completeness of delivery.
- Expertise in a variety of Business Analyst methodologies, tools, and techniques for capturing and optimizing process modelling
- Knowledge of insurance policy administration, policy lifecycles and workflows
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to provide data-driven insights.
- Excellent written & oral communication, presentation, and stakeholder management skills
- Experience in meeting operational deadlines in a fast-paced environment and capable of working independently or in teams
- Bachelor's degree required
- Duck Creek knowledge a plus
At Munich Re US, we see Diversity and Inclusion as a solution to the challenges and opportunities all around us. Our goal is to foster an inclusive culture and build a workforce that reflects the customers we serve and the communities in which we live and work. We strive to provide a workplace where all of our colleagues feel respected, valued and empowered to achieve their very best every day. We recruit and develop talent with a focus on providing our customers the most innovative products and services.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Founded in 1917, Munich Reinsurance America, Inc. is one of the largest reinsurers in the United States. Munich Reinsurance America, Inc. has earned the A+ (Superior) financial strength rating from A.M. Best Company - that's among the highest in the industry. Over 1,000 employees serve our clients from our Princeton, New Jersey campus and regional offices throughout the United States.
As a member of Munich Re's US operations, we offer the financial strength and stability that comes with being part of the world's preeminent insurance and reinsurance brand. Our risk experts work together to assemble the right mix of products and services to help you stay competitive - from traditional reinsurance coverages, to niche and specialty reinsurance and insurance products.