State Filings Analyst
Princeton , United States
Your jobWe’re adding to our diverse team of experts and are looking to hire those who are committed to building a culture that enables the creation of innovative solutions for our business units and clients.
Munich Re US has launched a new insurance operation, Munich Re Specialty Insurance (MRSI), that unites the strengths and expertise of Munich Re’s specialty commercial teams in North America. This allows for the development of an overarching sales strategy through which the specialty risk appetite and product offerings can be profitably optimized and expanded.
As a member of Munich Re's US operations, we offer the financial strength and stability that comes with being part of the world's preeminent insurance and reinsurance brand. Our risk experts work together to assemble the right mix of products and services to help our clients stay competitive – from traditional reinsurance coverages, to niche and specialty reinsurance and insurance products.
Future focused and always one step ahead
This State Filings Analyst role will work directly with multiple internal constituencies including Actuarial, Underwriting, Product Development, IT, Claims to analyze, prepare, submit and gain approval of state filings to ensure product and pricing goals are achieved and meet with all applicable regulatory compliance requirements.
In this position you will:
- Prepare and submit company-specific filings for new and revised rates, rules and forms.
- Have relationship responsibilities for specific insurance programs, acting as the liaison to the client group, product development, actuarial, IT and other functional units, as required, for assigned state filing issues.
- Issue weekly status reports for assigned filing projects and maintain on Sharepoint and participate in filings update meetings.
- Manage countrywide filing projects and respond to questions from state insurance departments. Analyze complex bureau filing activity (ISO, NCCI, AAIS & Independent bureaus) and make recommendations regarding state filings for the admitted insurance companies. Review and analyze bureau filings to determine state filings needed.
- Assist in the management of state filing outsourcing projects.
- Develop Line of Business compliance manuals for new products and programs.
- Populate state filing information in the automated state filing tracking software.
- Research and respond to client inquiries regarding complex issues related to state filings and related compliance issues.
- Provide guidance to State Filing Assistants and assist other State Filing Analysts as needed.
- Research and make recommendations to management on complex state filing issues and related compliance issues.
- Work with Actuarial and Product Development to develop rule pages and state filing explanatory memorandums for company-specific filing projects.
Your profileAt Munich Re US, we see Diversity and Inclusion as a solution to the challenges and opportunities all around us. Our goal is to foster an inclusive culture and build a workforce that reflects the customers we serve and the communities in which we live and work. We strive to provide a workplace where all of our colleagues feel respected, valued and empowered to achieve their very best every day. We recruit and develop talent with a focus on providing our customers the most innovative products and services.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Founded in 1917, Munich Reinsurance America, Inc. is one of the largest reinsurers in the United States. Munich Reinsurance America, Inc. has earned the A+ (Superior) financial strength rating from A.M. Best Company - that's among the highest in the industry. Over 1,000 employees serve our clients from our Princeton, New Jersey campus and regional offices throughout the United States.
As a member of Munich Re's US operations, we offer the financial strength and stability that comes with being part of the world's preeminent insurance and reinsurance brand. Our risk experts work together to assemble the right mix of products and services to help you stay competitive - from traditional reinsurance coverages, to niche and specialty reinsurance and insurance products.