Claims Data Analyst
Philadelphia , United States
Your jobThe Claims Data Analyst (CDA) is a very important role at MRSI, where the CDA is responsible for management reporting and analysis across the entire MRSI claims portfolio. The CDA will interface with executives and senior leaders across the MRSI organization, including key stakeholders from Claims, Corporate Underwriting, Underwriting BU’s, Finance, Accounting, IT and Actuarial teams.
The CDA is responsible for compiling, organizing, analyzing and communicating a wide range of Claims data across several different claim systems using advanced reporting, querying and dashboarding tools. The CDA will work closely with the claims analytics function to standardize claims business data requirements, extract data from relevant repositories in order to view consolidated results across MRSI. The CDA will also be a core contributor to MRSI’s digital transformation and data modernization projects.
- Creates, publishes and maintains both recurring and ad hoc Claims reports and dashboards.
- Designs, tests and continually refines the Claims Data Model for all lines of business and all geographies handled by MRSI Claims.
- Liases with Compliance to provide time-sensitive claims data in response to statutory data calls.
- Work on adhoc claims data requests and provide internal/external stakeholders with necessary claims data for projects and management resources.
- Achieves fluency in all core reporting systems at MRSI (Power BI, Looker, Tableau and SQL Server).
- Achieves a strong working knowledge and independently pull data from different data warehouses at MRSI (ISyCL, IRDW , Cognos, FSRI, Universal, Bridge,).
- Achieves a working knowledge of the reporting systems used by vendors and third party administrators.
- Serves as Claims core team member and subject matter expert in digital transformation and data modernization projects at MRSI.
- Audits the data quality for consumability and functionality that is reported to MRSI by third party administrators and vendors.
- Supports claims-related activities and projects being led by other MRSI divisions, including Accounting, Finance, IT, Actuarial, Compliance, Outlier Management, TMO, Product, Underwriting and Analytics.
Your profileRequired Qualifications:
- BA/BS required, advanced degree preferred
- 2+ years of advanced SQL experience and proficient in querying data using MS SQL Server
- Expert-level fluency in one of the core reporting and data visualization systems at MRSI (Power BI, Tableau, SQL Server or Looker)
- Ability to prepare presentation documents and present Claims data to senior leadership
- Proven track record of collaboration and working effectively with a multi-functional team and throughout the organization; foster an environment of shared responsibility and accountability
- Strong analytical skills and mindset
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- This position is based in Philadelphia, PA (no exceptions)
- Programming experience using R or Python
- Exposure to claim systems, accounting systems and/or actuarial systems
- Experience working with project managers, developers and business analysts as a subject matter expert
At Munich Re America, we see Diversity and Inclusion as a solution to the challenges and opportunities all around us. Our goal is to foster an inclusive culture and build a workforce that reflects the customers we serve and the communities in which we live and work. We strive to provide a workplace where all of our colleagues feel respected, valued and empowered to achieve their very best every day. We recruit and develop talent with a focus on providing our customers the most innovative products and services.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Founded in 1917, Munich Reinsurance America, Inc. is one of the largest reinsurers in the United States. Munich Reinsurance America, Inc. has earned the A+ (Superior) financial strength rating from A.M. Best Company - that's among the highest in the industry. Over 1,000 employees serve our clients from our Princeton, New Jersey campus and regional offices throughout the United States.
As a member of Munich Re's US operations, we offer the financial strength and stability that comes with being part of the world's preeminent insurance and reinsurance brand. Our risk experts work together to assemble the right mix of products and services to help you stay competitive - from traditional reinsurance coverages, to niche and specialty reinsurance and insurance products.