Princeton , United States
Your jobWe’re adding to our diverse team of experts and are looking to hire those who are committed to building a culture that enables the creation of innovative solutions for our business units and clients. We will consider a range of reinsurance and/or relevant insurance experience for this role and the offer will be commensurate with that.
Munich Re US (MR US) offers the financial strength and stability that comes with being part of the world's preeminent insurance and reinsurance brand. Our risk experts work together to assemble the right mix of products and services to help our clients stay competitive – from traditional reinsurance coverages, to niche and specialty reinsurance and insurance products.
We address the key challenges of the future – that is what we have been doing in the US property/casualty reinsurance market since 1917. As a leading reinsurer, we deal with the issues that affect business and society and work to devise risk management and risk transfer solutions that render tomorrow’s world insurable. Our recipe for success: we anticipate risks early on and deliver solutions tailored to our clients’ needs, creating opportunities to achieve sustained profitable growth.
Future focused and always one step ahead
Key to the achievement of our goals to become a digital enterprise which leverages data analytics in order to make decisions about current and future risks, you’ll be empowered and expected to support and add to our culture of innovation and the vision for the future of Reinsurance.
The Contract Administrator is responsible for providing all contract documentation in MR US as well as to provide support to Contract Writers, Underwriters and Client Managers regarding contract analysis and administrative tasks. The Contract Administrator also prepares contract wording analysis and act as a liaison to internal and external clients regarding diary and document completion.
Core accountabilities include:
- Maintain and enhance various internal databases including the electronic business file, the contract activity request system and contract tracking documents.
- Coordinate procedures and measure responsiveness including the NAIC 9 month rule and NY Circular Letter 20, contract and underwriting file creation (as necessary), records retention policies and documentation control.
- Evaluate and review contract documentation (i.e. renewal Property CAT and WC CAT business) with supervision and referral to other contract writers.
- Provide support to contract writers and account teams regarding drafting or reviewing contract wording assignments including renewal wordings, addendums and/or special acceptances.
- Participate in special projects as assigned.
Your profileQualifications include:
- Detail oriented individual.
- Excellent communication and time management skills.
- Excellent computer skills and experience including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, SharePoint and Power BI.
- Understanding of reinsurance concepts and their application to contract coverage.
- An Associate Degree or related work experience is required. A Bachelors degree is preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Founded in 1917, Munich Reinsurance America, Inc. is one of the largest reinsurers in the United States. Munich Reinsurance America, Inc. has earned the A+ (Superior) financial strength rating from A.M. Best Company - that's among the highest in the industry. Over 1,000 employees serve our clients from our Princeton, New Jersey campus and regional offices throughout the United States.
As a member of Munich Re's US operations, we offer the financial strength and stability that comes with being part of the world's preeminent insurance and reinsurance brand. Our risk experts work together to assemble the right mix of products and services to help you stay competitive - from traditional reinsurance coverages, to niche and specialty reinsurance and insurance products.