Management Liability Senior Underwriter/AVP
Hartford , United States
Your jobWe are open to this role being located in New York or Chicago.
We are adding to our diverse team of experts and are looking to hire those who are committed to building a culture that enables the creation of innovative solutions for our business units and clients in the Management Liability space.
With the support of the Munich Re Management Board, Munich Re launched a new company, Munich Re Specialty Insurance, that will unite the strengths and expertise of Munich Re’s specialty commercial teams in North America under a new insurance entity. This will allow for the development of an overarching sales strategy through which the specialty risk appetite and product offerings can be profitably optimized and expanded.
The Professional Liability team is one of the businesses being built in the new entity. Focused on a differentiated solution, we have launched 2 our initial products: Miscellaneous Professional Liability and Lawyers Professional Liability. We are now focusing on building out further capabilities by entering into Management Liability with a full suite of products in Private D&O and Non-Profit D&O.
As a member of Munich Re's US operations, we offer the financial strength and stability that comes with being part of the world's preeminent insurance and reinsurance brand. Our risk experts work together to assemble the right mix of products and services to help our clients stay competitive – from traditional reinsurance coverages, to niche and specialty reinsurance and insurance products.
As a Management Liability Senior Underwriter, you’ll be responsible for the production, underwriting and retention of profitable Private D&O and Non-Profit D&O through the cultivation and maintenance of broker relationships.
Our value proposition includes embedding technology and data analytics into underwriting and claims processes to create an enhanced, new age customer and broker experience. We will do this by engaging with our internal business partners to create a technology enabled business using an agile and lean approach.
Key to the achievement of our goals to become a digital enterprise which leverages data analytics in order to make decisions about current and future risks, you’ll be empowered and expected to support and add to our culture of innovation and the data vision for the future.
Because we’re committed to finding the best talent, we are open to considering candidates with a range of experience. Compensation, level and accountabilities for the selected candidate will be commensurate with experience.
Your profileSuccessful candidates will possess the following skills/capabilities:
- Excellent underwriting, marketing and analytical skills that have been developed in +7 years of experience
- Successful track record of developing and maintaining strong relationships with wholesale brokers
- Advanced working knowledge of Management Liability products and insurance concepts, UW processes and procedures, laws and regulations, terminology, concepts and principles related to strategic planning, and other relevant industry trends
- Tech savviness and a willingness to experiment with and learn new technologies
- Ability to think strategically and function tactically
- Exceptional communication skills that energize and engage brokers, clients and colleagues and the ability to convey a vision and client-focused solutions
- Ability to present and negotiate complex agreements with brokers
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Willingness to travel 20%
- Past work experience and expertise in one or more of the following Management Liability areas is helpful but not required: Product Development, Laws and Regulatory Requirements and Claims
At Munich Re US, we see Diversity and Inclusion as a solution to the challenges and opportunities all around us. Our goal is to foster an inclusive culture and build a workforce that reflects the customers we serve and the communities in which we live and work. We strive to provide a workplace where all of our colleagues feel respected, valued and empowered to achieve their very best every day. We recruit and develop talent with a focus on providing our customers the most innovative products and services.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Founded in 1917, Munich Reinsurance America, Inc. is one of the largest reinsurers in the United States. Munich Reinsurance America, Inc. has earned the A+ (Superior) financial strength rating from A.M. Best Company - that's among the highest in the industry. Over 1,000 employees serve our clients from our Princeton, New Jersey campus and regional offices throughout the United States.
As a member of Munich Re's US operations, we offer the financial strength and stability that comes with being part of the world's preeminent insurance and reinsurance brand. Our risk experts work together to assemble the right mix of products and services to help you stay competitive - from traditional reinsurance coverages, to niche and specialty reinsurance and insurance products.