PERS Property Underwriter
New York , United States
Your jobWe are open to this role being located in New York, Philadelphia, Boston, Atlanta or Chicago.
We’re adding to our diverse team of experts and are looking to hire those who are committed to building a culture that enables the creation of innovative solutions for our business units and clients.
The Insurance Operations
Munich Re US has launched a new insurance operations described as Munich Re Specialty Insurance (MRSI) that unites the strengths and expertise of Munich Re’s specialty commercial teams in North America. This allows for the development of an overarching sales strategy through which the specialty risk appetite and product offerings can be profitably optimized and expanded.
As a member of Munich Re's US operations, we offer the financial strength and stability that comes with being part of the world's preeminent insurance and reinsurance brand. Our risk experts work together to assemble the right mix of products and services to help our clients stay competitive – from traditional reinsurance coverages, to niche and specialty reinsurance and insurance products.
Future focused and always one step ahead
The PERS Property Underwriter we are looking will be able to produce, underwrite, and service Property accounts within the Public Entity Risk Solutions (PERS) insurance and reinsurance business
In this position you will:
- Produce, underwrite and service Property accounts within the PERS portfolio.
- Establish, execute, and coordinate production strategies across PERS to maximize profitable growth.
- Develop and maintain relationships with Retail and Wholesale broking community within national territory.
- Market for PERS business through conferences, client events and prospect visits in support of the PERS Property Strategy.
- Underwrite accounts within authority:
- Maintain compliance with Corporate and Divisional underwriting guidelines;
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of all tools and models used in the underwriting process; and
- Possess a clear understanding of our underwriting and pricing guidelines to ensure appropriate risk-reward decision-making.
- Collaborate on projects, marketing efforts, and other tasks as assigned.
- Be a team player in support of all PERS and MRSI objectives
- Contributes to profitable underwriting results of book commensurate with the volume of accounts handled.
Your profileSuccessful candidates will possess the following experience/skills/capabilities:
- 5+ years of insurance and/or reinsurance underwriting experience.
- Excellent underwriting, marketing and organizational skills.
- Excellent presentation and negotiation skills regarding complex agreements with senior management of production sources and clients.
- Effective time management skills.
- Superior communication skills including ability to explain complex transaction structures to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Willingness to travel – 25%
At Munich Re US, we see Diversity and Inclusion as a solution to the challenges and opportunities all around us. Our goal is to foster an inclusive culture and build a workforce that reflects the customers we serve and the communities in which we live and work. We strive to provide a workplace where all of our colleagues feel respected, valued and empowered to achieve their very best every day. We recruit and develop talent with a focus on providing our customers the most innovative products and services.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Founded in 1917, Munich Reinsurance America, Inc. is one of the largest reinsurers in the United States. Munich Reinsurance America, Inc. has earned the A+ (Superior) financial strength rating from A.M. Best Company - that's among the highest in the industry. Over 1,000 employees serve our clients from our Princeton, New Jersey campus and regional offices throughout the United States.
As a member of Munich Re's US operations, we offer the financial strength and stability that comes with being part of the world's preeminent insurance and reinsurance brand. Our risk experts work together to assemble the right mix of products and services to help you stay competitive - from traditional reinsurance coverages, to niche and specialty reinsurance and insurance products.