Princeton , United States
Your jobMajor Accountabilities:
- Responsible for the monthly partner reporting process to ensure all business and cash is accurately/timely received, recorded, and reconciled.
- Perform all quarterly close activities including but not limited to GL account reconciliations, bad debt reserve valuation, sliding scale commission accrual and actual calculations, and all other special rated calculations.
- Building strong collaborative relationships with key partners in Finance, Operations, Claims, Pricing and Technology to drive cross functional process changes that optimize efficiencies.
- Manage the onboarding of new insurance partners including coordination with the Insurtech, insurance partners and TPA’s for both assumed and direct business.
- Responsible for understanding and verifying all insurance data received from our insurance partners.
- Maintain an understanding of all insurance contracts in order to manage the terms of settlement and calculation of commissions.
- Perform monthly and quarterly analytics and analysis of our business and financial results.
- Assist with the quarterly financial reporting processes including Statutory, IFRS, and management reporting.
- Responsible for implementing efficient work processes and optimizing automated system capabilities.
- Maintain compliance with internal controls over financial information and operations
- Providing oversight and monitoring for loss, reinsurance accounting, and compliance with accounting policies and processes.
- Maintain compliance with internal controls over financial information and operations including relevant internal control compliance and testing within the MAR/SOX control framework
- 5+ Insurance/reinsurance accounting experience preferred
- CPA or Public accounting experience preferred
- CPCU or other professional insurance certification preferred
- Knowledge of IFRS and U.S. Statutory Accounting Principles
- Knowledge of designing, implementing and monitoring internal controls
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Proficient working within a General Ledger operating system(s) and working with data retrieval tools
- Ability to analyze data, identify trends and anomalies, and effectively communicate the findings
- Strong financial analysis skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with ability to influence without direct authority
- Strong team orientation, collaborating with co-workers and clients to develop and implement solutions
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (written and oral)
- Agility and ability to work in ambiguous situations
- Strategic thinking and planning capabilities with strong insurance business acumen
- Results-oriented - demonstrates self-motivation and creativity
- Willing to travel up to 10% as needed
At Munich Re US, we see Diversity and Inclusion as a solution to the challenges and opportunities all around us. Our goal is to foster an inclusive culture and build a workforce that reflects the customers we serve and the communities in which we live and work. We strive to provide a workplace where all of our colleagues feel respected, valued and empowered to achieve their very best every day. We recruit and develop talent with a focus on providing our customers the most innovative products and services.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Founded in 1917, Munich Reinsurance America, Inc. is one of the largest reinsurers in the United States. Munich Reinsurance America, Inc. has earned the A+ (Superior) financial strength rating from A.M. Best Company - that's among the highest in the industry. Over 1,000 employees serve our clients from our Princeton, New Jersey campus and regional offices throughout the United States.
As a member of Munich Re's US operations, we offer the financial strength and stability that comes with being part of the world's preeminent insurance and reinsurance brand. Our risk experts work together to assemble the right mix of products and services to help you stay competitive - from traditional reinsurance coverages, to niche and specialty reinsurance and insurance products.