Underwriting Analyst PERS
Philadelphia , United States
Your jobThis role can be located in the Princeton, San Francisco, Chicago or Philadelphia location.
As an Underwriting Analyst supporting our Public Entity business unit, you will assist underwriters by providing the initial risk assessment support for new and renewal business. You will also be responsible for delivering timely account setup, rating, technical underwriting support, policy issuance, and post issuance service for moderate to complex accounts. You may occasionally perform risk clearance.
Duties will include, but aren’t limited to supporting insurance and/or reinsurance products; reviewing account coverages, losses, and additional data supporting underwriting decisions; collecting and reconciling account level data and accurately and efficiently run pricing models for Property and/or Casualty accounts. Consistent and effective communication to external (brokers/agencies) and internal (underwriters/actuaries, etc.) is essential for successful Underwriting Analysts.
In this position you will:
- Support new and renewal underwriting tasks for Public Entity business units by organizing submission information; completing risk clearance, providing pricing and quoting support to underwriters
- Review, analyze and input financial and statistical information in appropriate system(s) to provide timely and accurate quote (pricing), policy, reinsurance, endorsement booking and additional required documentation
- Interpret data and set up account in appropriate system(s) ensuring accuracy, often working directly with the account underwriter and/or actuarial team members
- Support insurance and/or reinsurance (as assigned) binding, issuance and service requirements
- High interaction and coordination with broker agents, clients, and internal team members to support underwriting decisions and to obtain and provide information as needed and answer general questions of underwriters and clients.
- Recommend process improvements, tool enhancements, testing of system and process changes.
- Perform quality control checks to ensure data accuracy and maximize the integrity, quality and usability of information.
- Assist team members with and support projects as-needed/assigned.
- College degree with emphasis on insurance, business or accounting preferred
- Five (5) + years insurance or reinsurance company experience with emphasis on analytic functions in underwriting support, underwriting, and/or accounting preferred
- Position requires familiarity with risk modeling, and working knowledge of insurance policies and/or reinsurance contracts for property/casualty (or otherwise agreed) lines of business.
- Intermediate to expert level computer skills – Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Outlook
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent work experience) in related field
- Has a proactive and passionate service approach with ability to take ownership and drive issues to resolution
- Is highly adaptive and able to work effectively in ambiguous and changing environments
- Is able to work quickly and with minimal direct oversight
- Demonstrates the ability to manage competing priorities within a team first, solutions oriented culture
- Working knowledge of insurance pricing models, policies and reinsurance contracts for property/casualty lines of business
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Actively listens to others to ensure understanding of issues.
- Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
- High learning agility; proven track record of learning new duties quickly and understanding implications of system input, decisions, etc.
At Munich Re US, we see Diversity and Inclusion as a solution to the challenges and opportunities all around us. Our goal is to foster an inclusive culture and build a workforce that reflects the customers we serve and the communities in which we live and work. We strive to provide a workplace where all of our colleagues feel respected, valued and empowered to achieve their very best every day. We recruit and develop talent with a focus on providing our customers the most innovative products and services.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Founded in 1917, Munich Reinsurance America, Inc. is one of the largest reinsurers in the United States. Munich Reinsurance America, Inc. has earned the A+ (Superior) financial strength rating from A.M. Best Company - that's among the highest in the industry. Over 1,000 employees serve our clients from our Princeton, New Jersey campus and regional offices throughout the United States.
As a member of Munich Re's US operations, we offer the financial strength and stability that comes with being part of the world's preeminent insurance and reinsurance brand. Our risk experts work together to assemble the right mix of products and services to help you stay competitive - from traditional reinsurance coverages, to niche and specialty reinsurance and insurance products.