AI Business Development Manager
Palo Alto , United States
Your jobThe Insure AI team is part of our global IoT structure. You would join an experienced business unit structuring insurance backed performance guarantee solutions for machine learning applications. Your focus will be on working with insurance brokers, Venture Capital firms, AI start-ups, and data science teams of corporates to structure solutions which enable their go-to-market-strategy and help them grow. We are looking for a Business Development Manager with the ability to source and drive the execution of business opportunities in AI in the US. The position will be based in Palo Alto, CA, USA. Help us shape Munich Re’s future. YOUR JOB
- Sourcing and selling business opportunities with AI start-ups and corporates in the US
- Building and managing the relationships with insurance brokers in the USA and Canada
- Building and managing the relationships with Venture Capital firms, Private Equity firms, and start-up accelerators, as well as internal teams, like Munich Re Ventures
- Engaging with clients and colleagues in deal teams to underwrite the performance risks of machine learning systems
- Leading negotiations with start-ups for the developed risk-transfer solutions
- Presenting deal opportunities to senior management
- Engaging with Munich Re Ventures when considering investments into start-up clients in line with Munich Re Ventures’ investment strategy
Your profileYOUR PROFILE
- Graduate degree in Business, Finance, Economics, or related fields
- Minimum of 6 years of relevant experience in a B2B sales role at a financial institution or an insurance broker serving tech companies
- Strong networking and stakeholder management skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Good understanding of statistical learning methods
- Relevant experience in working with Venture Capital firms or Private Equity firms is a plus
- Fluency in English is a must, fluency in German a plus
- Highly ambitious, entrepreneurial, and innovative mindset, curiosity and drive
- Willingness to work in deal teams distributed across different time zones and continents
- Willingness to travel
At Munich Re US, we see Diversity and Inclusion as a solution to the challenges and opportunities all around us. Our goal is to foster an inclusive culture and build a workforce that reflects the customers we serve and the communities in which we live and work. We strive to provide a workplace where all of our colleagues feel respected, valued and empowered to achieve their very best every day. We recruit and develop talent with a focus on providing our customers the most innovative products and services.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Founded in 1917, Munich Reinsurance America, Inc. is one of the largest reinsurers in the United States. Munich Reinsurance America, Inc. has earned the A+ (Superior) financial strength rating from A.M. Best Company - that's among the highest in the industry. Over 1,000 employees serve our clients from our Princeton, New Jersey campus and regional offices throughout the United States.
As a member of Munich Re's US operations, we offer the financial strength and stability that comes with being part of the world's preeminent insurance and reinsurance brand. Our risk experts work together to assemble the right mix of products and services to help you stay competitive - from traditional reinsurance coverages, to niche and specialty reinsurance and insurance products.