IT Product Manager
Princeton , United States
Your jobWe’re adding to our diverse team of experts and are looking to hire those who are committed to building a culture that enables the creation of innovative solutions for our business units and clients.
As a member of Munich Re Specialty Insurance (MRSI) operations, we offer the financial strength and stability that comes with being part of the world's preeminent insurance and reinsurance brand. Our risk experts work together to assemble the right mix of products and services to help our clients stay competitive – from traditional reinsurance coverages, to niche and specialty reinsurance and insurance products.
The IT Product Manager (Enterprise Data and Reporting) reports to the Head of Systems transformation and will also work to ensure transformation planning, change management and service introduction is coordinated for data product / platform transformed. Initially, he / she will be responsible for owning and managing the delivery of data acquisition and ingestion, data integration and processing, data storage and provisioning to MRSI business analytics and operations. He / She is also responsible for maintaining and operating one or more products as well as determining the capacity needed to ensure sustainable operations.
The IT Product Manager will be primarily responsible for the MRSI data platforms and applications. He / She is also responsible for managing, improving and owing the progressive standardization and industrialization of the development life cycle for products and platforms under his / her purview.
The right candidate possesses strong problem solving, planning, and people management and will be accountable for the day-to-day project and program management, focusing on transforming the IT data landscape for MRSI.
He / she will work with business Product Owners to ensure development, testing, and release processes are consistent and adhere to company and regulatory standards,
He / she will work collaboratively with the IT Portfolio Lead as well as the Delivery Management Service Center to coordinate workloads and ensure projects are staffed with resources skilled appropriately to accomplish the portfolio objectives.
- Align governance controls with the Application Management Services function necessary to operate existing products & platforms.
- Work with the Transformation Management Office as necessary to qualify, prioritize and optimize inbound initiatives.
- Develop and operate an estimation model to size all new development initiatives for existing platforms/products and establish delivery management controls to deliver against business objectives.
- Collaborate with AMS and the Director of Delivery Management to enable DevOps to support the product and platform portfolio at ITIL L3+.
- Identify measures and metrics delivered through an efficient reporting process to enable transparency of product and platform operations health.
- Design control processes to enable leadership to make strategic decisions and undertake tactical measures where necessary to protect MRSI’s interests.
- Participate in and support internal and external application security and compliance audits
- Collaborate across Munich Re to ensure consistency of design and implementation of platforms, products and features built into products.
- Own end-to-end solution delivery on the data modernization programs
- Identify metrics and key health indicators of portfolio, program, and project operations.
- Manage the development group as a delf-contained DevOps team that provides high fidelity full lifecycle application build / deploy / support / enhance within the environment.
- Work with the MRSI CISO to ensure security controls are implemented in the environment, maintained, and updated on a regular basis using platform native and / or company standard tooling and best practices.
- Participate in, review, and remediate internal and external audits.
- Act as a role model for the team and constantly strive towards organizational improvement.
- Actively monitor and assess changing conditions and resource availability to find solutions for resource management.
- Establish connections with global business stakeholders
- Partner with AMS and the DevOps team. Align teams with the Data & Analytics, DevOps and One Cloud Vision.
Your profileAdditional Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science or equivalent experience
- Outstanding leadership competency with 10+ years of relevant professional management experience in IT related areas as defined above, preferably in a global enterprise.
- At least 5+ years of insurance industry experience preferred – ideally in primary insurance.
- Hands-on leadership role which would involve playing the technical lead, delivery lead, and data solution lead
- Experience managing an IT services delivery team – especially through transformation initiatives.
- Exposure to industry architecture and experience with design patterns
- Experience with Forecasting and Expense management in an IT environment. Knowledge of and demonstrable expertise in PlanView a plus.
- Knowledge of product lifecycle management principles and practices.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to communicate across all levels of the organization and simplify complex concepts and issues.
- Experience with Agile delivery frameworks (e.g. Scrum, SAFe) a major plus.
- High Technical Aptitude in Cloud Technologies with professional-level certification on a public Cloud highly desirable.
- Familiar with multiple Data technology stacks (e.g. Informatica IICS, Power BI, Azure ADF, MapReduce etc.) and databases (MS SQL, Oracle)
- Understanding data related security challenges
- Experience in transitioning data and BI technologies from on-prem to Hybrid/Cloud environments
- An emphatic manager with the ability to mentor his / her team towards successful outcomes.
- Ability to establish connections with global business stakeholders, and build teams that manage internal and external interfaces in a global context
- Consulting and collaborative working style creating a culture of accountability and sharing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication coupled with negotiation skills.
- PMP Certification preferred though not required.
At Munich Re US, we see Diversity and Inclusion as a solution to the challenges and opportunities all around us. Our goal is to foster an inclusive culture and build a workforce that reflects the customers we serve and the communities in which we live and work. We strive to provide a workplace where all of our colleagues feel respected, valued and empowered to achieve their very best every day. We recruit and develop talent with a focus on providing our customers the most innovative products and services.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Founded in 1917, Munich Reinsurance America, Inc. is one of the largest reinsurers in the United States. Munich Reinsurance America, Inc. has earned the A+ (Superior) financial strength rating from A.M. Best Company - that's among the highest in the industry. Over 1,000 employees serve our clients from our Princeton, New Jersey campus and regional offices throughout the United States.
As a member of Munich Re's US operations, we offer the financial strength and stability that comes with being part of the world's preeminent insurance and reinsurance brand. Our risk experts work together to assemble the right mix of products and services to help you stay competitive - from traditional reinsurance coverages, to niche and specialty reinsurance and insurance products.