Head of Analytics and Results Reporting
Princeton , United States
Your jobWe’re adding to our diverse team of experts and are looking to hire those who are committed to building a culture that enables the creation of innovative solutions for our business units and clients.
As a member of Munich Re's US operations, we offer the financial strength and stability that comes with being part of the world's preeminent insurance and reinsurance brand. Our risk experts work together to assemble the right mix of products and services to help our clients stay competitive – from traditional reinsurance coverages, to niche and specialty reinsurance and insurance products.
Future focused and always one step ahead
This position is responsible for developing and implementing a vision for Analytics and Results Reporting by managing, steering and influencing continuous improvement utilizing the insurance and reinsurance systems and resources broadly within MR F&C. This position aligns its strategy with internal stakeholders both locally and globally to build efficient, agile and responsive capabilities. This operation will also need to continuously evaluate the reporting and analytical needs of our internal and external customers and proactively oversee the development of solutions to meet those needs.
- Advise MR F&C Senior Management and Underwriting teams in the areas of reporting, planning, reserving, pricing, expense monitoring, profitability and Natcat topics
- Lead, motivate and develop a team of highly qualified professionals
- Serve as F&C NA representative and liaison for interactions with FMR (Reserving, Planning & Controlling), MRAS Services, MR US and MRSI
- Ensure that management reports and ad hoc analyses (e.g. profitability analyses) are provided to support management steering, oversight and control
- Oversee on behalf of F&C NA the development of analytics tools (e.g. Power BI Dashboards, BMS reports, PGO reports) and tools that will lead to automation / improved efficiency (quote/binder/policy issuing, underwriting platforms replacing AutoFac, interface FAB and Accounting Systems)
- Coordinate the divisional unit’s annual planning, strategic dialogue, monitoring and steering approach (Shadow VBM)
- Strategic development of the F&C NA IT monitoring landscape and establishment of further F&C-wide steering and monitoring mechanisms in close cooperation with the F&C Operations Team in Munich and other stakeholders
- Strategic development of actuarial services offering, which includes complex single risk pricings, new pricing tools and rates, tool updates and expense load calibration
- Close cooperation with central units globally (e.g. CU, CR, RIC, Claims, RIA, IT)
- Serve as deputy to the F&C NA Head of Operations
Your profileSuccessful candidates will possess the following skills/capabilities:
- University degree in mathematics, economics or similar field, with focus on quantitative analytics
- 10 + years of insurance and/or reinsurance experience
- 7 + years of experience managing staff
- Understanding of actuarial methods; central reserving or controlling;
- Experience in underwriting or quantitative analysis supporting a business unit desirable
- Excellent analytical and conceptual skills
- Self-starter / Self-initiative when it comes to resolving problems
- Excellent networking and stakeholder management skills across a diverse organizational set-up with many interfaces; strong skill to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and responsibilities in this environment; strong communicator
- Ability to lead and develop a team and its members, ideally with management experience
- Reliable and confident manner, especially ability to manage interfaces and conflicts across management levels in a diverse F&C organization
At Munich Re US, we see Diversity and Inclusion as a solution to the challenges and opportunities all around us. Our goal is to foster an inclusive culture and build a workforce that reflects the customers we serve and the communities in which we live and work. We strive to provide a workplace where all of our colleagues feel respected, valued and empowered to achieve their very best every day. We recruit and develop talent with a focus on providing our customers the most innovative products and services.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Founded in 1917, Munich Reinsurance America, Inc. is one of the largest reinsurers in the United States. Munich Reinsurance America, Inc. has earned the A+ (Superior) financial strength rating from A.M. Best Company - that's among the highest in the industry. Over 1,000 employees serve our clients from our Princeton, New Jersey campus and regional offices throughout the United States.
As a member of Munich Re's US operations, we offer the financial strength and stability that comes with being part of the world's preeminent insurance and reinsurance brand. Our risk experts work together to assemble the right mix of products and services to help you stay competitive - from traditional reinsurance coverages, to niche and specialty reinsurance and insurance products.