Senior Actuary - Mobility
New York , United States
Your job* We will consider candidates to work in New York City, Philadelphia, Boston, Hartford, Columbus (Ohio), Princeton, Scottsdale, Atlanta, Cincinnati, San Francisco or Chicago.
Are you ready for a new challenge? We are looking to hire a lead pricing actuary for the Mobility/Innovation business unit of MRSI. This individual will support profitable growth across tech-enabled commercial auto, autonomous vehicles, and mobility-as-a-service insurance products.
The Insurance Operations
Munich Re US recently launched a new insurance operations described as Munich Re Specialty Insurance (MRSI) that unites the strengths and expertise of Munich Re’s specialty commercial teams in North America under a new management structure. This allows for the development of an overarching sales strategy through which the specialty risk appetite and offering of products that can be profitably optimized and expanded.
As a member of Munich Re's US operations, we offer the financial strength and stability that comes with being part of the world's preeminent insurance and reinsurance brand. Our risk experts work together to assemble the right mix of products and services to help our clients stay competitive – from traditional reinsurance coverages, to niche and specialty reinsurance and insurance products.
Future focused and always one step ahead
The Senior Actuary position will lead the pricing and monitoring of the Mobility/Innovation business.
In this position you will:
- Build and maintain pricing and underwriting tools, including telematics scoring models, for account pricing and portfolio steering.
- Develop pricing strategy for assessing and monitoring autonomous vehicle risks.
- Prepare and complete pricing analyses, including the development of rates, ultimate loss projections and communication of results.
- Lead development and update of Actuarial models and databases through formula development, research on methodologies, and collaboration on technical teams.
- Provide actuarial insight and expertise as a participant or lead on a Line of Business Expert Group.
- Maintain contemporary, in-depth knowledge of the commercial auto and mobility markets and produce thought leadership internally and/or externally.
- Lead actuarial due diligence for new partnership opportunities with technology and mobility partners and assess performance of existing partners.
- Strong understanding and ability to discuss and apply the use of existing & new actuarial concepts/techniques involving exposure adjustments, trend, loss development, exposure rating, et al.
- Provide training of others (underwriters, client managers, risk analysts, accountants and actuaries) regarding actuarial analyses and methodologies.
Your profileSuccessful candidates will possess the following skills/capabilities:
• Membership in the Casualty Actuarial Society required. FCAS preferred.
• Eight (8) or more years of experience in primary insurance pricing, especially commercial auto.
• Experience working with telematics data and rating plans is preferred.
• Strong technical actuarial skills and strong knowledge and understanding of rating models.
• Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to influence and negotiate with others and create acceptance for proposals.
• Experience in use of R, Python or other statistical software in insurance pricing applications.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
At Munich Re US, we see Diversity and Inclusion as a solution to the challenges and opportunities all around us. Our goal is to foster an inclusive culture and build a workforce that reflects the customers we serve and the communities in which we live and work. We strive to provide a workplace where all of our colleagues feel respected, valued and empowered to achieve their very best every day. We recruit and develop talent with a focus on providing our customers the most innovative products and services.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Founded in 1917, Munich Reinsurance America, Inc. is one of the largest reinsurers in the United States. Munich Reinsurance America, Inc. has earned the A+ (Superior) financial strength rating from A.M. Best Company - that's among the highest in the industry. Over 1,000 employees serve our clients from our Princeton, New Jersey campus and regional offices throughout the United States.
As a member of Munich Re's US operations, we offer the financial strength and stability that comes with being part of the world's preeminent insurance and reinsurance brand. Our risk experts work together to assemble the right mix of products and services to help you stay competitive - from traditional reinsurance coverages, to niche and specialty reinsurance and insurance products.