Market Development Manager
Princeton , United States
Your job* We are open to this position being located in one of our offices in: Princeton, NJ, New York, NY, Philadelphia, PA or Hartford, CT. We work in a hybrid model.
We’re adding to our diverse team of experts and are looking to hire those who are committed to building a culture that enables the creation of innovative solutions for our business units and clients. We will consider a range of reinsurance and/or relevant insurance experience for this role and the offer will be commensurate with that.
Munich Re US (MR US) offers the financial strength and stability that comes with being part of the world's preeminent insurance and reinsurance brand. Our risk experts work together to assemble the right mix of products and services to help our clients stay competitive – from traditional reinsurance coverages, to niche and specialty reinsurance and insurance products.
We address the key challenges of the future – that is what we have been doing in the US property/casualty reinsurance market since 1917. As a leading reinsurer, we deal with the issues that affect business and society and work to devise risk management and risk transfer solutions that render tomorrow’s world insurable. Our recipe for success: we anticipate risks early on and deliver solutions tailored to our clients’ needs, creating opportunities to achieve sustained profitable growth.
Future focused and always one step ahead.
Key to the achievement of our goals to become a digital enterprise which leverages data analytics in order to make decisions about current and future risks, you’ll be empowered and expected to support and add to our culture of innovation and the vision for the future of Reinsurance.
The Market Development Manager will drive the growth of Strategic Product revenue by building and executing on a process for new sales opportunities, and managing the market development process for new and existing clients.
Core accountabilities include:
* Work internally with Strategic Products and Business Development teams to identify prospects from among MR US client companies, develop and execute on a sales strategy, qualify leads and support triaging of opportunities.
* Work with Strategic Product’s client companies to develop and implement marketing plans, support client company through education, training and marketing materials, monitor plans’ effectiveness, maintain communication with client company to adjust plans as needed.
* Monitor product performance by client, in particular product uptake, premium growth and accumulations. Establishes revenue projections for assigned companies based on marketing strategy.
* Product Knowledge – Builds and maintains sufficient level of Strategic Products knowledge to speak to the product background (market and climate conditions, customer pain points), product features and benefits, relevant case studies and examples of product implementations, and address questions about customizations and product roadmap.
Your profileQualifications include:
- 5+ years of personal lines/homeowners insurance experience preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Insurance, Product Development and/or Sales & Marketing
- Ability to effectively communicate Munich Re Strategic Product offerings
- Knowledge of insurance industry operations and markets, including distribution channels, general market theory and business plan writing
- Familiarity with White Label Business Model
- Familiarity with IT concepts, including API integration
- Proficiency in Power BI and Excel
- Public Speaking/Presentation Skills
- General Insurance Knowledge
At Munich Re US, we see Diversity and Inclusion as a solution to the challenges and opportunities all around us. Our goal is to foster an inclusive culture and build a workforce that reflects the customers we serve and the communities in which we live and work. We strive to provide a workplace where all of our colleagues feel respected, valued and empowered to achieve their very best every day. We recruit and develop talent with a focus on providing our customers the most innovative products and services.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Founded in 1917, Munich Reinsurance America, Inc. is one of the largest reinsurers in the United States. Munich Reinsurance America, Inc. has earned the A+ (Superior) financial strength rating from A.M. Best Company - that's among the highest in the industry. Over 1,000 employees serve our clients from our Princeton, New Jersey campus and regional offices throughout the United States.
As a member of Munich Re's US operations, we offer the financial strength and stability that comes with being part of the world's preeminent insurance and reinsurance brand. Our risk experts work together to assemble the right mix of products and services to help you stay competitive - from traditional reinsurance coverages, to niche and specialty reinsurance and insurance products.