Claims Operations Analyst
Atlanta , United States
Your jobThe Claim Operations Analyst is a vital part of the MRSI Claims team. The Analyst helps to ensure timely and efficient reconciliation of financial transactions across our claims portfolio, including the processing of payments, pursuing collections and recoveries, and assisting with account replenishments. The Analyst also ensures reliable data quality in our incoming and outgoing financial records, manages communications with internal and external stakeholders and business partners, and helps to process first notices and loss and related correspondence.
This role will have the following responsibilities:
- Validate and accurately process financial transactions for claims that are being handled by the MRSI Claims team and/or being handled by the assigned TPAs, MGAs and Coverholders.
- Input payment data and issue timely payments to insureds, claimants, vendors and associated parties.
- Ensure that checks, ACH payments, and wire transfers are efficiently processed and recorded.
- Reconcile and process financial transactions related to account replenishments and reimbursements.
- Request, process and import third-party data submissions while identifying any issues/inconsistencies.
- Prioritize daily workload to ensure that all tasks are completed within their deadlines.
- Communicate clearly with internal and external stakeholders and with business partners.
- Demonstrate proficiency in multiple systems, including but not limited to: ISCyL, FSRI, SharePoint, workflow tools, and TPA claim-handling systems.
- Process incoming emails, and accurately create or update claim files based upon the incoming information.
- Assign claim handlers to newly created claims based upon assignment rules.
- Assist with preparation of loss runs when requested by agents and/or underwriters.
- Participate in special projects and adhoc reporting, as required
Your profileSuccessful Qualifications include:
- Associates degree preferred or equivalent relevant work experience.
- Excellent organizational, multi-tasking and time management skills.
- Ability to build and sustain internal and external business relationships.
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced work environment.
- Self-motivator and effective at prioritization.
- Proactive in identifying process improvements and adaptive to change.
- Collegial team member who contributes to an upbeat, inclusive environment.
- Location is Philadelphia, Chicago, or Atlanta with a hybrid Munich Re to home based office arrangement.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Founded in 1917, Munich Reinsurance America, Inc. is one of the largest reinsurers in the United States. Munich Reinsurance America, Inc. has earned the A+ (Superior) financial strength rating from A.M. Best Company - that's among the highest in the industry. Over 1,000 employees serve our clients from our Princeton, New Jersey campus and regional offices throughout the United States.
As a member of Munich Re's US operations, we offer the financial strength and stability that comes with being part of the world's preeminent insurance and reinsurance brand. Our risk experts work together to assemble the right mix of products and services to help you stay competitive - from traditional reinsurance coverages, to niche and specialty reinsurance and insurance products.