Distribution & Sales Manager - Facultative and Corporate, NA
New York , United States
Your jobWe will consider candidates in: New York, NY and Chicago, IL
We’re adding to our diverse team of experts and are looking to hire those who are committed to building a culture that enables the creation of innovative solutions for our business units and clients. We will consider a range of experience for this role and the offer will be commensurate with that.
As a member of Munich Re's US operations, we offer the financial strength and stability that comes with being part of the world's preeminent insurance and reinsurance brand. Our risk experts work together to assemble the right mix of products and services to help our clients stay competitive – from traditional reinsurance coverages, to niche and specialty reinsurance and insurance products.
Munich Re Facultative and Corporate (MR F&C) bundles Munich Re’s facultative and corporate business into one global unit. We believe that by aligning our single risk business in one unified team we will better position Munich Re to provide a holistic suite of products and services that meet the growing demands of our clients and broker partners.
The Distribution & Sales Manager F&C NA will be responsible for achieving results by establishing a more focused and consistent sales approach for our broker partners and clients. The focus will be on developing strong relationships with Broker Top Management and Business Leaders. This will be done in collaboration with F&C’s Global Sales Team and the GC/NA Distribution Council.
- Develop strategic plans for each assigned Broker
- Builds and manages a pipeline of distributor sales opportunities
- Development and execution of the MF F&C distribution strategy for assigned select partners
- Identifies business opportunities, develops and fosters strong relationships with Clients and Brokers including C-suite executives of our distribution partners
- Utilize Management information, metrics, analytics and predictive analytics that help make Munich Re a partner of choice
Your profileSuccessful candidates will possess the following skills/capabilities:
- 10+ years of experience in underwriting, marketing and client management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Insurance or Risk Management preferred
- Strong Sales and Production Underwriting experience
- Strong underwriting, marketing and analytical skills
- Client management experience
- Property and Casualty insurance lines experience
- Exceptional communication skills that energize and engage clients and colleagues, with the ability to convey a vision and client-focused solutions
- Excellent negotiation and consultative skills which can be deployed at any level of an organization, including creativity, emotional intelligence, adaptability and problem-solving skills
- Tech savviness and a willingness to experiment with and learn new technologies
- Ability to think strategically and function tactically
- Willingness to travel 30%+
We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Founded in 1917, Munich Reinsurance America, Inc. is one of the largest reinsurers in the United States. Munich Reinsurance America, Inc. has earned the A+ (Superior) financial strength rating from A.M. Best Company - that's among the highest in the industry. Over 1,000 employees serve our clients from our Princeton, New Jersey campus and regional offices throughout the United States.
As a member of Munich Re's US operations, we offer the financial strength and stability that comes with being part of the world's preeminent insurance and reinsurance brand. Our risk experts work together to assemble the right mix of products and services to help you stay competitive - from traditional reinsurance coverages, to niche and specialty reinsurance and insurance products.