Underwriting Support Manager
Princeton , United States
Your jobWe’re adding to our diverse team of experts and are looking to hire those who are committed to building a culture that enables the creation of innovative solutions for our business units and clients. We will consider a range of experience for this role and the offer will be commensurate with that.
As a member of Munich Re's US operations, we offer the financial strength and stability that comes with being part of the world's preeminent insurance and reinsurance brand. Our risk experts work together to assemble the right mix of products and services to help our clients stay competitive – from traditional reinsurance coverages, to niche and specialty reinsurance and insurance products.
Munich Re Facultative and Corporate (MR F&C) bundles Munich Re’s facultative and corporate business into one global unit. We believe that by aligning our single risk business in one unified team we will better position Munich Re to provide a holistic suite of products and services that meet the growing demands of our clients and broker partners.
The Underwriting Support Manager will provide oversight and management of Underwriting Analysts as well as implement standardized processes, deploy resources and ensure the integrity of the data entered into systems for relevant lines of business.
In this position you will:
- Direct and oversee the timely processing of business according to underwriting guidelines
- Direct the input of terms and conditions of complex accounts into global and local systems and ensure that the team remains in compliance with global process
- Oversee quality control of system entries to ensure accurate financials and mitigate any resulting financial impacts; maximize the integrity, quality and usability of information which will minimize discrepancies encountered by local and global data consumers
- Ensure that consistent and efficient underwriting support and processes are in place
- Work independently as well as with other Underwriting Support Managers to promote a team environment
- Monitor attendance, workloads and capacity across team of UAs
- Run Quality Control reports and conduct audits for assigned Team Members
- Create new and/or update existing processing procedures, manuals and training plans for new employees
- Manage and mentor employees inclusive of the creation of development plans and facilitation of training and development for underwriting support staff
- Lead or participate in any global or local project that impacts the business unit or division.
- Ensure UAs are working closely with underwriters
- Be aware of and ensure that external compliance responsibilities are complied with on an administrative level, including specific state requirements, associated with writing Large Single Risk business through admitted and non-admitted paper
- Manage and quality control NatCat and Terrorism budgets accumulations by all client groups
Your profileSuccessful candidates will possess the following skills and capabilities:
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis on insurance, business or accounting or equivalent work experience
- 6+ years of Insurance or Reinsurance company experience including underwriting process and coverage with 5+ years of supervisory or management experience preferred
- 5 + years’ experience with pricing, quoting and binding support working for a primary insurance company in underwriting or policy administration, performing policy issuance and underwriting support functions preferred
- Position requires experience and product knowledge for the business unit supported
- Expert level computer skills preferred – Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Outlook
- Tech savviness and a willingness to experiment with and learn new technologies.
- Excellent customer service skills with successful ability to take ownership of and resolve issues
- Detail oriented and results-driven
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- A proactive and passionate service approach with ability to take ownership and drive issues to resolution
- Highly adaptive and able to work effectively in ambiguous and changing environments
- Able to work quickly and with minimal direct oversight
- Demonstrates the ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities within a team-first, solutions oriented culture
- Ability to travel within and outside of the United States
At Munich Re US, we see Diversity and Inclusion as a solution to the challenges and opportunities all around us. Our goal is to foster an inclusive culture and build a workforce that reflects the customers we serve and the communities in which we live and work. We strive to provide a workplace where all of our colleagues feel respected, valued and empowered to achieve their very best every day. We recruit and develop talent with a focus on providing our customers the most innovative products and services.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Founded in 1917, Munich Reinsurance America, Inc. is one of the largest reinsurers in the United States. Munich Reinsurance America, Inc. has earned the A+ (Superior) financial strength rating from A.M. Best Company - that's among the highest in the industry. Over 1,000 employees serve our clients from our Princeton, New Jersey campus and regional offices throughout the United States.
As a member of Munich Re's US operations, we offer the financial strength and stability that comes with being part of the world's preeminent insurance and reinsurance brand. Our risk experts work together to assemble the right mix of products and services to help you stay competitive - from traditional reinsurance coverages, to niche and specialty reinsurance and insurance products.