Property Underwriting Support Team Lead
Philadelphia , United States
Your jobUnderwriting Support Team Lead
Chicago, Philadelphia, or Princeton
Munich Re Specialty Insurance (MRSI) provides extensive, specialty property and casualty insurance solutions to customers through select brokers, Managing General Agents, program administrators, cover holders and insurtech partners. Products include: property, casualty, professional liability and other specialty insurance solutions. Our comprehensive, customized solutions are provided by A+ rated carriers and are tailored to clients’ needs. We offer superior service levels, industry-recognized underwriting and claims expertise and innovative approaches to complex and evolving risks.
Munich Re Specialty Insurance (MRSI) is a description for the insurance business operations of affiliated companies in the Munich Re Group that share a common directive to offer and deliver specialty property and casualty insurance products and services in North America. For more information on MRSI, including licensing, regulatory-required, and other information on the operating companies, visit https://www.munichre.com/us-non-life/en/general/munich-re-specialty-insurance-disclosures.html.
Future focused and always one step ahead
This Underwriting Team Lead role will provide direction and training for Underwriting Assistants and Analysts and directly engages in leading people and performing the work of the team, while supporting the underwriting of Public Entities Risk Solution (PERS) property policies.
The role will spend some time analyzing reports and workflows for proposing actions to improve productivity and decrease costs. It will also evaluate and decide upon the acceptability of policy applications for insurance.
In this position you will also:
- Help team members apply their diverse skill-sets and perspectives to achieve common goals; drive engagement and create a climate where the staff is motivated to do their best.
- Direct team members across the entire Underwriting Lifecyle Provide leadership and oversight to a staff of 4 or more resources: Conduct performance evaluations, coaching conversations, team meetings, and individual 1:1 sessions with staff
- Manage assigned work queues and inventory of tasks
- Complete transactions for assigned work queues
- Allocate resources to the work based on priority and volumes to ensure service level and client expectations are achieved
- Provide subject matter expertise on process and procedures for assigned work queues
- Cultivate and develop relationships with upstream and downstream customers and partners
- Update procedure, workflows, training materials, and training videos as assigned
- Cross-train staff to support diversely skilled team members Recommend changes to process to improve efficiency
- Escalate issues that may/are impacting performance
- Monitor performance of direct reports
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Successful candidates will possess the following experience/skills/qualifications:
- A Minimum of 5 years of related property business experience in a high volume insurance environment
- Prefer a minimum of 3 years of people management or related experience.
- Must have experience developing rating models for large scale P&C risks
- Must have underwriting support experience and or P&C Insurance industry knowledge of the process and procedure development, implementation, testing, migration, and adoption.
- Agile learner who understands the importance of emotional intelligence
- Emphasizes the importance of development and continuous learning, including with the advancement of the business, direct report and mentee development and continual self-development
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Equivalent to a degree is 4 years of relevant experience
At Munich Re US, we see Diversity and Inclusion as a solution to the challenges and opportunities all around us. Our goal is to foster an inclusive culture and build a workforce that reflects the customers we serve and the communities in which we live and work. We strive to provide a workplace where all of our colleagues feel respected, valued and empowered to achieve their very best every day. We recruit and develop talent with a focus on providing our customers the most innovative products and services.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Founded in 1917, Munich Reinsurance America, Inc. is one of the largest reinsurers in the United States. Munich Reinsurance America, Inc. has earned the A+ (Superior) financial strength rating from A.M. Best Company - that's among the highest in the industry. Over 1,000 employees serve our clients from our Princeton, New Jersey campus and regional offices throughout the United States.
As a member of Munich Re's US operations, we offer the financial strength and stability that comes with being part of the world's preeminent insurance and reinsurance brand. Our risk experts work together to assemble the right mix of products and services to help you stay competitive - from traditional reinsurance coverages, to niche and specialty reinsurance and insurance products.