Philadelphia , United States
Your jobThe Company
Munich Re Specialty Insurance (MRSI) provides extensive, specialty property and casualty insurance solutions to customers through select brokers, Managing General Agents, program administrators, cover holders and insurtech partners. Products include: property, casualty, professional liability and other specialty insurance solutions. Our comprehensive, customized solutions are provided by A+ rated carriers and are tailored to clients’ needs. We offer superior service levels, industry-recognized underwriting and claims expertise and innovative approaches to complex and evolving risks.
Munich Re Specialty Insurance (MRSI) is a description for the insurance business operations of affiliated companies in the Munich Re Group that share a common directive to offer and deliver specialty property and casualty insurance products and services in North America. For more information on MRSI, including licensing, regulatory-required, and other information on the operating companies, visit https://www.munichre.com/us-non-life/en/general/munich-re-specialty-insurance-disclosures.html.
Within Munich Reinsurance America, Inc., Munich Re Specialty Insurance brings together a number of existing primary insurance businesses focused on MGA/program business and binding authority/brokerage as well as larger single-risks. Munich Re Specialty Insurance, which also includes a start-up Excess & Surplus (E&S) unit, will create a lean and agile commercial insurance operation that is simple, customer-focused and digitally-enabled to address the complex needs of our customers and help them adapt to a changing market.
In this position you will:
- Support new and renewal underwriting tasks for 1-3 specialty insurance business units
- Input statistical information needed to support decomposing and clearing of submissions, quote, and policy development
- Research risk information in support of underwriting decisions
- Collect, process, and store all appropriate documentation according to internal processes
- Interact (although infrequently) with broker agents
- Interact with internal stakeholders in support of underwriting decision making
- Perform additional duties as assigned
Your profileSuccessful candidates will possess the following skills/capabilities:
- Bachelors degree in related field
- 2-3 years in similar role supporting similar business types
- Excellent customer service with ability to take ownership and drive issues to resolution
- Highly adaptive and able to work effectively in changing environments
- Working knowledge of Excel and Word
- Ability to work quickly and with little to no oversight
- Appreciates a fast paced, team first, solutions oriented culture
At Munich Re US, we see Diversity and Inclusion as a solution to the challenges and opportunities all around us. Our goal is to foster an inclusive culture and build a workforce that reflects the customers we serve and the communities in which we live and work. We strive to provide a workplace where all of our colleagues feel respected, valued and empowered to achieve their very best every day. We recruit and develop talent with a focus on providing our customers the most innovative products and services.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Founded in 1917, Munich Reinsurance America, Inc. is one of the largest reinsurers in the United States. Munich Reinsurance America, Inc. has earned the A+ (Superior) financial strength rating from A.M. Best Company - that's among the highest in the industry. Over 1,000 employees serve our clients from our Princeton, New Jersey campus and regional offices throughout the United States.
As a member of Munich Re's US operations, we offer the financial strength and stability that comes with being part of the world's preeminent insurance and reinsurance brand. Our risk experts work together to assemble the right mix of products and services to help you stay competitive - from traditional reinsurance coverages, to niche and specialty reinsurance and insurance products.