Actuarial Developer, Corporate Actuarial
Munich Re Life US
New York , United States
The primary focus of this position is the support and maintenance of Corporate Actuarial processes and data management. This function is charged with the implementation of tools and techniques to enable Corporate Actuarial to fulfill its mission to provide relevant and reliable data, reports, and analytics to stakeholders.
Support valuation and external financial reporting:
- Resolve technical issues with data and processes and contribute to recommendations related to quarterly processes for regulations and business requirement, such as IFRS, STAT and SII.
Create and contribute to more efficient processes for calculation of IFRS, STAT and SII for MARC Corporate Actuarial.
Development and implementation of internal management reporting and analysis:
- Design and develop reports and analytics upon which reviews and checks can be performed to ensure a quality product.
- Create reports to assist in monitoring treaty level experience to ensure consistency in reporting.
- Support management and Corporate Actuarial staff in gathering, manipulating and analyzing data on ad-hoc basis.
Planning process support:
- Suggest and implement improvements for planning and forecast processes.
Other projects and management support:
- Document data flows, systems and controls used by MARC Corporate Actuarial.
- Work with Administration department to improve data required for valuation purposes.
- Work with Finance’s Accounting department to improve reporting of valuation data to downstream users and systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer engineering, computer science, mathematics, or related field.
- Database experience required (ex. Oracle or SQL Server) including proficiency in developing queries and stored procedures.
- Proficient programming ability (ex. Python).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- 3-5 years of database and programming experience
- Product knowledge (including product design, features, and key risks) of life insurance products preferred.
- Direct carrier and/or Reinsurer Life insurance experience preferred.
- Comprehensive Medical Plans
- PTO and Family Leave
- Retirement Savings Plans
- Dental and Vision Plans
- Life and Disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Adoption Assistance
- Wellness Programs - Calm, WW, SoFI, Virgin Pulse
- Commuter Benefits
- FSA and HSA Plans
- Hospital Indemnity, Critical Illness and Accident Plans
At Munich Re US, we see Diversity and Inclusion as a solution to the challenges and opportunities all around us. Our goal is to foster an inclusive culture and build a workforce that reflects the customers we serve and the communities in which we live and work. We strive to provide a workplace where all of our colleagues feel respected, valued and empowered to achieve their very best every day. We recruit and develop talent with a focus on providing our customers the most innovative products and services. We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
About Munich Re
Together, we engage with everything we have and are, to help humankind act braver and better.
As the world’s leading reinsurance company with more than 40,000 employees in over 50 locations around the globe, Munich Re introduces a paradigm shift in the way you think about insurance. By turning uncertainty into manageable risk, we enable fundamental change. We recognize Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging as a key priority with a culture that welcomes different thoughts and opinions. We dare to think big and are continuously innovating on behalf of our clients.
The base salary range anticipated for this position is $121,146 to 140,274, plus an opportunity for an annual company bonus based upon a percentage of eligible pay.
The salary estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for candidates hired in this position. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary include your specific skills, how many years of experience you have and comparison to other employees already in this role.
Please note that only candidates who are selected for interview will be contacted directly. We thank all candidates for their interest.