2nd Vice President, Underwriting Transformation
Munich Re Life US
Atlanta , United States
***Please note that we are also open to a fully remote work arrangement for this position***
Reporting ino the Chief Risk Assessment Officer, you will be a key member of the underwriting leadership team. This is an exciting role within the Munich Re North America Life underwriting team that will lead transformation across the underwriting landscape while building out new client-centric service offerings.
Business Transformation: This role will lead our underwriting modernization efforts by engaging our business transformation team as well as external resources to:
- Select, purchase, on board and implement a new underwriting workbench;
- Push forward and own the development of data driven and AI assisted underwriting tools for use in facultative underwriting and other client-centric solutions.
Business ownership: This role will build out a new business within underwriting across the US and Canada:
- Work with line of business teams to market this new business, respond to RFPs, and grow this business within the broader N.A. Life strategy;
- Manage resources effectively across competing demands.
- 15+ years of individual life underwriting experience within the N.A. market;
- Knowledge of traditional and accelerated underwriting;
- Reinsurance knowledge and experience a plus;
- Strong working knowledge of non-traditional underwriting offerings, vendors and processes;
- Ability to work very effectively in remote environment (if remote);
- Ability to communicate different concepts and influence others to adopt different points of view;
- Experience with implementing new underwriting programs;
- Technical savvy plus;
- People management with proven track record of clear and inspirational leadership;
- Project management, Including attracting, developing top talent for highest quality client-carrier experience
- Comprehensive Medical Plans
- PTO and Family Leave
- Retirement Savings Plans
- Dental and Vision Plans
- Life and Disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Adoption Assistance
- Wellness Programs - Calm, WW, SoFI, Virgin Pulse
- Commuter Benefits
- FSA and HSA Plans
- Hospital Indemnity, Critical Illness and Accident Plans
At Munich Re US, we see Diversity and Inclusion as a solution to the challenges and opportunities all around us. Our goal is to foster an inclusive culture and build a workforce that reflects the customers we serve and the communities in which we live and work. We strive to provide a workplace where all of our colleagues feel respected, valued and empowered to achieve their very best every day. We recruit and develop talent with a focus on providing our customers the most innovative products and services. We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
About Munich Re
Together, we engage with everything we have and are, to help humankind act braver and better.
As the world’s leading reinsurance company with more than 40,000 employees in over 50 locations around the globe, Munich Re introduces a paradigm shift in the way you think about insurance. By turning uncertainty into manageable risk, we enable fundamental change. We recognize Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging as a key priority with a culture that welcomes different thoughts and opinions. We dare to think big and are continuously innovating on behalf of our clients.