Project Manager (m/f/d)
London , United Kingdom
Deliver projects and programmes in a disciplined, business focused, engaged and methodical way to Munich Re Speciality Group (MRSG) and its associated business units.
As a Project Manager, you will have the ability to make a significant impact to the organisation by supporting the growth strategy and competitive positioning of the MRSG business units.
Analyse specific business and technology problems ensuring that business needs and requirements are understood.
Lead project team members in cross functional IT and business teams with the goal to deliver IT system related projects in time, budget, quality and scope. Project types can range from system selection and replacement of legacy systems including data migration, development of bespoke systems or complex upgrades of existing systems. Facilitate the related change process on end user and IT side including handover to BAU.
- Understand the implications of the business change required, including feasibility study, assessment of viable options, production of appropriate business case and risk assessment.
- Document and manage business requirements and specifications, and ensure these are agreed at all levels throughout the business utilising formal methodologies
- Project planning, scheduling, resourcing and dependency management following the approved Munich Re project management methodology based on PMBOK and Agile practices
- Creation of project cost estimations and definitions in collaboration with stakeholders and team members
- Managing project risks and issues
- Liaison with, and management of, suppliers to produce project deliverables
- Steering and controlling of project costs so that the project can be completed within the approved budget
- Provide support to quality assurance, system and user acceptance testing Documenting and managing project change control
- Reporting project progress using agreed reporting lines, templates and processes
- Leading of project team and steering committee meetings
- Management of escalations within team, with project sponsor and stakeholders
- Bespoke software development and system integration: managing the software development cycle in incremental iterations based on agile software development methodology (Scrum like)
- Respond to and resolve escalations through liaison with the business, internal and external service providers
- Undertake learning of IT offerings to identify and provide business units with expertise and advice on how best to utilise within their business processes
General Duties and Tasks:
- Manage projects of mid and large size and scope
- Analyse situations, diagnose problems, identify the key issues, establish and evaluate alternative courses of action and produce a logical, practical and acceptable solution.
- Managing 3rd party service suppliers and product vendors as well internal team members in a matrix responsibility
- Ensure effective realisation of benefits through identification and subsequent measurement
- Initiates improvements in the specific project context and fosters and promotes ideas for change
Plus any additional duties and responsibilities that may reasonably be expected to be undertaken in accordance with the role
Help drive forward good Conduct for the business to deliver the best outcomes for customers / policyholders.
- Strong project delivery background (ideally from a consultancy) with more recent experience within the financial services (minimum 5 years)
- Demonstrable experience of successfully delivering critical and complex IT system related projects within financial services – (minimum 5 years)
- Proven experience in Agile software development and lifecycle methodologies (SCRUM)
- Demonstrable change project management experience
- Strong communication, facilitation, presentation & negotiation skills
- Knowhow and experience in state of the art information technology
- Ability to work with third parties and offshore development teams
- Strong candidates would have held positions of Business Architect, Project / Programme Manager, Management Consultant, Change Project / Programme Manager
- Deep understanding of operational impacts from business and IT change
- Experience in requirements engineering, business analysis and translation of business demands into system specifications
- Lloyds/Company Market (re)insurance experience with a good knowledge of products and markets
Qualifications and Educational Requirements:
- 2:1 or 1st class university degree in IT
- Qualifications and experience of one or more industry recognised best practise project management delivery methodologies i.e. PMP, PRINCE 2-certified, Agile methodologies (preferable)
- CII qualifications
- ITIL-certified (desirable)
- Strong Executive Stakeholder project communications skills
- Adaptable and able to work in small team and often pressurised environment – flexible and able to get the job done.
- Serious about success, motivated and driven to succeed
- Assertive and high level of personal commitment
- Teamwork and conflict-solving skills
- The capacity to inspire individuals to give of their best in order to achieve a desired result and to maintain effective relationships with individuals and the team as a whole.
- Ability to communicate clearly and persuasively, orally and in writing and to demonstrate the skills of active thinking.
- Deadline driven.
- Microsoft technology and techniques
- MS Office (Advanced)
- Agile project management experience
- Proven software development or system integration experience
- Supplier contract experience desirable
- Microsoft Azure DevOps and Planview Enterprise One desirable
- General knowledge of various Underwriting back office, data entry and support tools as used by the company and in the Lloyds market
- Basic knowledge in UK statutory and regulatory requirements on insurance
MRSG UK Services Limited is the employing entity for staff supporting the business activities of Munich Re Syndicate Limited (MRSL), Munich Re Specialty Group Limited (MRSG), Groves, John & Westrup Ltd (GJW), NMU (Specialty) Ltd (NMU) and Roanoke International Brokers Limited (RIBL).
As well as operating in the Lloyd’s of London market, we conduct our business via a global network of service companies, with offices located in the UK, Ireland, the United States, Asia, including Hong Kong, Singapore, Labuan and Dubai. We are also represented in Lloyd’s China.
Our group of companies provide solutions covering Casualty, Marine & Cargo, Energy & Aerospace, Cyber, Political Violence, Trade Credit and Property, Contingency and Yacht.
Known for our dedication to excellence and quality of service provision, we pride ourselves on offering you a great place to work.
Munich Re’s employees are the backbone of the Group’s business success. They are the people that drive the business forward and develop new solutions for our clients.
Ensuring that we recruit talented staff is therefore crucial to our future success. Our objective is to make Munich Re the employer of choice for potential employees on the global job market..
To help us achieve this goal we offer a competitive salary and a generous and comprehensive benefits package which we regularly review in accordance with external market data, to ensure you are paid fairly and our benefits are tailored to suit your lifestyle. Creating an inclusive environment is an essential part of the Munich Re culture and we are committed to our Diversity & Inclusion Policy. We also seek to provide a fair and supportive work environment which provides learning and development opportunities for all.
Please Note: All applications must be received via the website. Any CVs received via email will not be considered.
Re_think, Re_engineer, Re_define, Re_invent, the boundaries of Insurance.
Once you hit apply, there is a short, 10 minute application form to complete. Please ensure you attach your current CV when applying and include details regarding your salary expectations. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. Due to the high volume, we cannot always provide detailed feedback at CV stage.
Associate HR Business Partner