Product Manager (m/f/d)
London , United Kingdom
IT Business Solutions delivers business value through the management of IT products including implementation of change projects in a disciplined, business focused, engaged and methodical way to Munich Re Syndicate Limited (MRSL).
The Product Manager, Business Solutions MRSL will play a key role in the operation and support of the Syndicate IT products (applications). The role will report to the Head of Business Solutions MRSL and be a key technology support partner to the business application owners. This role is responsible for ensuring products are maintained to deliver high quality results based on industry and Munich Re standard solutions, aligned to risk and compliance requirements, to cover the financial and reinsurance operational capabilities of the MRSL business.
- Responsible for the product management of all MRSL applications.
- Ensures the stable run of the applications, including setup and management of run, support, incident and monitoring processes aligned with the needs of the business, escalates and manages solutions for major incidents.
- Undertake oversight of our application management services (AMS) partner on the maintenance and support of MRSL applications including fixing of defects and with application vendors on small changes and supporting end users in case of handling requests or helping with errors.
- Undertake regular operational review meetings with AMS partner and vendors/providers including business stakeholders where required. Ensure review documentation is centrally held and actions from meetings are resolved in a timely manner.
- Maintain accurate and current information on applications, interfaces, servers, run roles and responsibilities etc. in central repositories such as Lean IX and SNOW CMDB.
- Understand the relevant technical and functional details of the application(s), including interfaces to other applications.
- Keep all information up to date to run the applications including SLAs, availability, critical business time frames (month end, quarter end etc.).
- Follow the standards assurance process and create, maintain and update the product lifecycle standards assurance process agreements including requisite operational artefacts and documents for all MRSL applications.
- Assist project teams to ensure timely and appropriate handover to AMS partner for new products or major releases and that all required processes, standards and artefacts are in place.
- Conduct and update compliance gates on products as required and ensure that the applications are running securely.
- Manage software licenses needed for the application and ensure third party contracts are kept up to date in accordance with global asset management
- Proactively manage application run costs, forecasts and track budgets are running to plan.
- Ensure purchase orders are raised correctly and in a timely manner for approval with requisite goods receipts created to facilitate invoice payments.
- Liaise with IT towers to ensure that testing and validation of applications is undertaken and confirmed following disaster recovery testing, patching, upgrades etc.
- Follow the MRe change management/enablement process to ensure required sign-off and documentation is delivered for change advisory boards.
- Follow the MRe incident, problem, change and config management processes
- Key contact for business, AMS partner, external vendors and other internal MRe teams in relation to the MRSL applications.
- 3-5 years professional background in product management or application operation in the Financial industry
- Proven experience in managing application support and an ability to coordinate the efforts of others in the delivery of stable applications to the business. Engender a spirit of teamwork and cooperation amongst colleagues – proactively resolve issues or conflicts that could impact results achieved.
- Well organised with a good ability to analyse situations, diagnose problems, identify the key issues, establish and weigh up alternative courses of action and produce a logical, practical and acceptable solution.
- Necessary gravitas to deal with senior business owners with SME and expert presence.
- Good knowledge of IT SDLC and application management.
- Proven experience owning business and partner/vendor relationships.
- Negotiation and influencing skills.
- High level of service and internal/external client orientation as well as driver of operational efficiency.
- Cost and budget management skills
MRSG UK Services Limited is the employing entity for staff supporting the business activities of Munich Re Syndicate Limited (MRSL), Munich Re Specialty Group Limited (MRSG), Groves, John & Westrup Ltd (GJW), NMU (Specialty) Ltd (NMU) and Roanoke International Brokers Limited (RIBL).
As well as operating in the Lloyd’s of London market, we conduct our business via a global network of service companies, with offices located in the UK, Ireland, the United States, Asia, including Hong Kong, Singapore, Labuan and Dubai. We are also represented in Lloyd’s China.
Our group of companies provide solutions covering Casualty, Marine & Cargo, Energy & Aerospace, Cyber, Political Violence, Trade Credit and Property, Contingency and Yacht.
Known for our dedication to excellence and quality of service provision, we pride ourselves on offering you a great place to work.
Munich Re’s employees are the backbone of the Group’s business success. They are the people that drive the business forward and develop new solutions for our clients.
Ensuring that we recruit talented staff is therefore crucial to our future success. Our objective is to make Munich Re the employer of choice for potential employees on the global job market..
To help us achieve this goal we offer a competitive salary and a generous and comprehensive benefits package which we regularly review in accordance with external market data, to ensure you are paid fairly and our benefits are tailored to suit your lifestyle. Creating an inclusive environment is an essential part of the Munich Re culture and we are committed to our Diversity & Inclusion Policy. We also seek to provide a fair and supportive work environment which provides learning and development opportunities for all.
Please Note: All applications must be received via the website. Any CVs received via email will not be considered.
Re_think, Re_engineer, Re_define, Re_invent, the boundaries of Insurance.
Once you hit apply, there is a short, 10 minute application form to complete. Please ensure you attach your current CV when applying and include details regarding your salary expectations. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. Due to the high volume, we cannot always provide detailed feedback at CV stage.
Associate HR Business Partner