Process Expert FTC (m/f/d)
Are you a Process Expert looking for an exciting new challenge as part of a groundbreaking transformation programme?
London , United Kingdom
You will build and document the As-IS and TO-Be processes for the required business unit, collaborating with divisional leadership to map out and create a blueprint model office for different customer journeys in the insurance value chain. You will seek opportunities for process standardisation, simplification, task reallocation, automation and understand & document business requirements for IT development. As the authority on process, you will lead through change to reduce process waste & risk, to achieve more efficient and effective ways of working.
Your jobKey Responsibilities:
Ensure all processes are documented as per the company methodology.
Understand the business objectives, responsibilities & processes to find opportunities for front-office process digitalization/automation or process waste reduction. Prioritise work based on effort and impact and lead initiatives through to conclusion.
Facilitate cross departmental change initiatives for process improvement. Lead projects that will increase process automation, facilitate task alignment to skills, eliminate process waste and/or reduce process risk.
Act as interface to collect business requirements for both internal and external partners which inform the development of digital applications to support the Business Managers to monitor and supervise outsourced activities. Work with IT to prioritise the pipeline of development, test and sign off development in sprint reviews.
Assess and document process control effectiveness. Agree action plans for improvement & devise a reporting mechanism to demonstrate process risk status.
General Duties and Tasks:
- Ensure the process landscape is accurate and up to date by mapping new or amended processes. Identify areas of automation or improvement.
- Run projects that relate to process improvement in collaboration with departments or outsourced partners. Produce project documentation, action tracking and communicate changes.
- Work against plan and collaborate within the company (incl. branch locations) to inform the development of a business applications to automate the management, oversight & monitoring of outsourced relationships.
- Add requirements to a pipeline of IT development by understanding the business needs, collating business user requirements and attend prioritisation meetings to drive development. Complete associated user acceptance testing.
- Measure process control effectiveness and investigate areas of identified poor control (high risk), prioritise and facilitate improvements to reduce risk and produce the associated reporting.
Plus any additional duties and responsibilities that may reasonably be expected to be undertaken in accordance with the role.
Your profileExperience/ Skills:
- Understanding of primary insurance business models, processes and entire value chain
- Ability to create visual representation of business journeys
- Consistent record in project and organisational change
- Solution and detail oriented with experience of process mapping and process improvement
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to derive suitable use cases to describe business requirements
- Understanding of process documentation systems
- Excellent stake holder management and is engaging and personable in character
- Established project management qualifications (e.g. PRINCE2 or Lean Sigma)
- Higher classification university degree, preferably in business or analytical subject
- Advanced insurance qualifications (or making significant progress towards them)
- Appropriate process skills based qualifications
MRSG UK Services Limited is the employing entity for staff supporting the business activities of Munich Re Syndicate Limited (MRSL), Munich Re Specialty Group Limited (MRSG), Groves, John & Westrup Ltd (GJW), NMU (Specialty) Ltd (NMU) and Roanoke International Brokers Limited (RIBL).
As well as operating in the Lloyd’s of London market, we conduct our business via a global network of service companies, with offices located in the UK, Ireland, the United States, Asia, including Hong Kong, Singapore, Labuan and Dubai. We are also represented in Lloyd’s China.
Our group of companies provide solutions covering Casualty, Marine & Cargo, Energy & Aerospace, Cyber, Political Violence, Trade Credit and Property, Contingency and Yacht.
Known for our dedication to excellence and quality of service provision, we pride ourselves on offering you a great place to work.
Munich Re’s employees are the backbone of the Group’s business success. They are the people that drive the business forward and develop new solutions for our clients.
Ensuring that we recruit talented staff is therefore crucial to our future success. Our objective is to make Munich Re the employer of choice for potential employees on the global job market..
To help us achieve this goal we offer a competitive salary and a generous and comprehensive benefits package which we regularly review in accordance with external market data, to ensure you are paid fairly and our benefits are tailored to suit your lifestyle. Creating an inclusive environment is an essential part of the Munich Re culture and we are committed to our Diversity & Inclusion Policy. We also seek to provide a fair and supportive work environment which provides learning and development opportunities for all.
Please Note: All applications must be received via the website. Any CVs received via email will not be considered.
Re_think, Re_engineer, Re_define, Re_invent, the boundaries of Insurance.
Once you hit apply, there is a short, 10 minute application form to complete. Please ensure you attach your current CV when applying and include details regarding your salary expectations. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. Due to the high volume, we cannot always provide detailed feedback at CV stage.
MRSG Talent Partner, D&I Specialist