Business Analyst (m/f/d)
Are you an enthusiastic Business Analyst with a passion for delivering results?!
London , United Kingdom
You will be as an integral member of the delivery team partnering closely with internal and external customers across the newly formed MRSI UK. This role is key in enabling change across the specialty group. The successful candidate will seek to improve technology, process’s and will collaborate to modernise current ways of working and standards.
- Collaborate across partner projects, MRSI UK initiatives, operational tasks and R&D work
- Elicit, analyse, validate, document, run and explain business requirements based on project objectives
- Evaluate, analyse and lead vendors
- Deliver operational expertise in insurance policy administration
- Communicate regularly with stakeholders and manage their needs
- Overcome project hurdles and report regularly on progress
- Contribute to product roadmap and backlog
- Form a key part of the onboarding project team of new Insurtechs
- Coordinate with your colleagues on each onboarding project
- Perform analysis using appropriate tools and techniques.
- Model Business, System and data requirements
- Coordinate tech tasks on projects including integrations and introductions to external vendors
- Ensure the interfaces between the PAS and all partners, service providers and internal partners work seamlessly
- You will own the mapping of end-to-end customer journey’s and process flows with captivating Insurtech partners!
- You'll be the go-to contact for all data ingestion tasks
- Provide timely updates on opportunities, risks, issues and progress
- Produce and manage requirements/user stories and acceptance criteria from undefined and unstructured information on strategic projects and programmes
- Lead all aspects of and sign off of all testing activity
- Drive forward good conduct for the business to deliver the best outcomes for customers / policyholders.
Your profileCrucial Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of insurance policy administration, policy lifecycles and workflows
- Skilled at meeting facilitation and presentation
- Strong time management skills and project management skills
- Experience writing user stories and acceptance criteria
- Understanding of the requirements lifecycle
- Must thrive in a fast-paced, time-compressed and dynamic environment
- Superb communication and stakeholder management skills
- Ability to work independently and take ownership for delivery of requirements
- Understanding of Business problems and investigating root causes
- Understanding of Benefits analysis and management
- Business Case development
- Understand and Demonstrate a variety of Business Analysis techniques
In addition, the following experience would be desirable.
- Experience conforming product definition to regulatory compliance requirements
- Experience of working at an Insurtech or setup on start-up
- Experience/Knowledge of structured or un-structured database architecture
- Business Analysis qualifications (IIBA, ISEB, CBAP)
- Team orientation
Work cooperatively and flexibly with other members of the team with a full grasp of the role to be played as a team member.2. Communication
Communicate clearly and persuasively, both orally and in writing.3. Achievement/results-orientation
Get things done well and the ability to set and meet exciting goals, create own measures of excellence and constantly seek ways of improving performance.4. Problem-solving
Analyse situations, diagnose problems, identify the key issues, establish and weigh up alternative courses of action and produce a logical, practical and acceptable solution.5. Flexibility
Adapt and work effectively in different situations and to carry out a variety of tasks.6. Customer focussed
Take constant care in looking after the interests of external and internal customers. Ensure that their wants, needs and expectations are given due consideration and that all efforts are made to meet them wherever fair and reasonable, in line with any standards from an industry regulator.7. Planning and prioritising
The ability to decide on courses of action, ensure that the necessary resources are available and schedule the work required to achieve a defined result in a desirable manner.8. Share knowledge
Share knowledge about the role you perform fully and willingly with others, where this is relevant, in the interests of the organisation.9. Self-development
Take responsibility for your own career and actively support ‘continuing professional development’.10. Commercial/business awareness
The capacity to understand the business opportunities and priorities of the organisation and constantly seek methods of ensuring that the organisation continues to be business-like and continues to meet the standards and requirements of its regulators.
Education and Professional Qualifications Required / (preferred)
- University Degree and/or relevant professional qualification
- Microsoft office suite
- MS Project
- MS Visio
- MS Planner
- Azure DevOps
MRSG UK Services Limited is the employing entity for staff supporting the business activities of Munich Re Syndicate Limited (MRSL), Munich Re Specialty Group Limited (MRSG), Munich Re Specialty Insurance (UK) Limited (MRSI UK) and Roanoke International Brokers Limited (RIBL).
As well as operating in the Lloyd’s of London market, we conduct our business via a global network of service companies, with offices located in the UK, Ireland, the United States, Asia, including Hong Kong, Singapore, Labuan and Dubai. We are also represented in Lloyd’s China.
Our group of companies provide solutions covering Casualty, Marine & Cargo, Energy & Aerospace, Cyber, Political Violence, Trade Credit and Property, Contingency and Yacht.
Known for our dedication to excellence and quality of service provision, we pride ourselves on offering you a great place to work.
Munich Re’s employees are the backbone of the Group’s business success. They are the people that drive the business forward and develop new solutions for our clients.
Ensuring that we recruit phenomenal staff is therefore crucial to our future success. Our objective is to make Munich Re the employer of choice for potential employees on the global job market..
To help us achieve this goal we offer a competitive salary and a generous and comprehensive benefits package which we regularly review in accordance with external market data, to ensure you are paid fairly and our benefits are tailored to suit your lifestyle. Creating an inclusive environment is a crucial part of the Munich Re culture, and we are committed to our Diversity & Inclusion Policy. We also seek to provide a fair and supportive work environment which provides learning and development opportunities for all.
Please Note: All applications must be received via the website. Any CVs received via email will not be considered.
Re_think, Re_engineer, Re_define, Re_invent, the boundaries of Insurance.
Once you hit apply, there is a short, 10 minute application form to complete. Please ensure you attach your current CV when applying and include details regarding your salary expectations. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. Due to volume, we cannot always provide detailed feedback at CV stage.