Underwriter (Swanwick based)
Southampton , United Kingdom
This is a fantastic new opportunity to support the underwriting performance and customer service expectations of the business.
The successful individual will have the opportunity to represent GJW Direct at various events (Southampton Boat Show, Crick, Chichester etc etc).
- Input data for new business, mid-term adjustments, cancellations and renewals.
- Maintaining the highest level of customer engagement, assist with various client correspondence and general enquiries in a professional and courteous manner.
- Undertake end to end handling of straightforward policies and client queries within Underwriting Authority.
- At all times ensure all matters are dealt with in accordance with Underwriting procedures manual and adhering to telephone script.
- Ad hoc duties – to cover duties of other staff in their absence as and when required.
- Undertake other duties as directed
- Help drive forward good Conduct for the business to deliver the best outcomes for customers / policyholders.
- Understand all appropriate lines of escalation and the responsibilities of the Product Conduct Risk Strategy Group (PCRSG), Underwriting & Claims Sub Committee (UCSC) , ExCo and Board for Conduct Risk.
You are required to comply with the PRA and FCA conduct rules:
- Acting with honesty and integrity at all times
- Acting at all times with due care, skill and diligence
- Being open and honest with the FCA, the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and all UK regulators at all times
- Always paying due regard to the interests of customers and always treat them honestly and fairly
- Observing proper standards of market conduct at all times
- Appropriate level of Underwriting knowledge
- Interpretation of client’s needs
- Learn to understand and interpret policy wordings to customers as required
- Ability to work under own initiative and as part of a team
- Ability and willingness to learn and understand established systems and processes
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Passionate about excellent customer service
- Ability to prioritise and manage own workload
MRSG UK Services Limited is the employing entity for staff supporting the business activities of Munich Re Syndicate Limited (MRSL), Munich Re Specialty Group Limited (MRSG), Munich Re Specialty Insurance (UK) Limited (MRSI UK), Roanoke International Brokers Limited (RIBL) and Munich Re Digital Partners Limited (DP).
As part of Munich Re Specialty Group (MRSG), Munich Re Specialty Insurance (UK) Ltd (MRSI UK) brings together the long-standing and market-leading underwriting and claims expertise of NMU in the UK marine & specialty insurance markets with GrovesJohnWestrup, our UK Private Client proposition for insurance brokers and other intermediaries with clients who have unique and complex risks, as well as GJW Direct, UK‘s Specialist Direct Boat insurer.
Additionally, MRSI UK is affiliated with Munich Re Digital Partners Ltd (MRDP) that provides digital distributors a comprehensive go-to-market partnership in the UK and the EU, and Munich Re Risk Solutions Ireland Ltd (MRRSI) offering marine & specialty insurance solutions in Ireland and the EU.
As well as operating in the Lloyd’s of London market, we conduct our business via a global network of service companies, with offices located in the UK, Ireland, the United States, Asia, including Hong Kong, Singapore, Labuan and Dubai. We are also represented in Lloyd’s China.
Our group of companies provide solutions covering Casualty, Marine & Cargo, Energy & Aerospace, Cyber, Political Violence, Trade Credit and Property, Contingency and Yacht.
Known for our dedication to excellence and quality of service provision, we pride ourselves on offering you a great place to work.
Munich Re’s employees are the backbone of the Group’s business success. They are the people that drive the business forward and develop new solutions for our clients.
Ensuring that we recruit versatile staff is therefore crucial to our future success. Our objective is to make Munich Re the employer of choice for potential employees on the global job market.
To help us achieve this goal we offer a competitive salary and a generous and comprehensive benefits package which we regularly review in accordance with external market data, to ensure you are paid fairly and our benefits are tailored to suit your lifestyle. Creating an inclusive environment is a crucial part of the Munich Re culture, and we are committed to our Diversity & Inclusion Policy. We also seek to provide a fair and supportive work environment which provides learning and development opportunities for all.
Maddie Wallace (Talent Acquisition Specialist)