Project Manager (m/f/d)
London , United Kingdom
The Business Technology (BT) unit works closely with business leaders to drive innovation and business transformation, spearheading the digitalization of Munich Re’s business activities. The focus areas for the BT unit are outlined below:
· Digital Insurance Platforms and Ecosystems
· Advanced Analytics and Big Data
· Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and Automation Solutions
· Micro Service, APIs and Cloud Architectures
· Cyber Security
· Web and mobile distribution
The Project Manager will deliver projects in a disciplined, business focused, engaged and methodical way and support the growth strategy and competitive positioning of Munich Re business units.
As Project Manager you will lead project team members in cross functional IT and business teams with the goal to deliver IT system related projects in time, budget, quality and scope. Projects can range from system selection and replacement of legacy systems including data migration, development of bespoke systems or complex upgrades of existing systems. The Project Manager will also facilitate the related change process on the end user and IT side including handover to BAU.
- Project planning, scheduling, resourcing and dependency management following the approved Munich Re project management methodology based on PMBOK and agile practices
- Creation of project cost estimations and definitions in collaboration with stakeholders and team members
- Managing project risks and issues
- Liaison with, and management of, suppliers to produce project deliverables
- Steering and controlling of project costs so that the project can be completed within the approved budget
- Quality assurance / quality control
- Documenting and managing project change control
- Reporting project progress using agreed reporting lines, templates and processes
- Leading project team and steering committee meetings
- Management of escalations within team, with project sponsor and stake holders
- Bespoke software development and system integration: managing the software development cycle in incremental iterations based on agile software development methodology (Scrum like)
General Duties and Tasks:
- Manage projects of mid and large size and scope
- Analyse situations, diagnose problems, identify the key issues, establish and evaluate alternative courses of action and produce a logical, practical and acceptable solution.
- Managing 3rd party service suppliers and product vendors as well internal team members in a matrix responsibility.
Any additional duties and responsibilities that may reasonably be expected to be undertaken in accordance with the role.
MRSG UK Services Limited is the employing entity for staff supporting the business activities of Munich Re Syndicate Limited (MRSL), Munich Re Specialty Group Limited (MRSG), Munich Re Specialty Insurance (UK) Limited (MRSI UK), Roanoke International Brokers Limited (RIBL) and Munich Re Digital Partners Limited (DP).
As well as operating in the Lloyd’s of London market, we conduct our business via a global network of service companies, with offices located in the UK, Ireland, the United States, Asia, including Hong Kong, Singapore, Labuan and Dubai. We are also represented in Lloyd’s China.
Our group of companies provide solutions covering Casualty, Marine & Cargo, Energy & Aerospace, Cyber, Political Violence, Trade Credit and Property, Contingency and Yacht.
Known for our dedication to excellence and quality of service provision, we pride ourselves on offering you a great place to work.
Munich Re’s employees are the backbone of the Group’s business success. They are the people that drive the business forward and develop new solutions for our clients.
Ensuring that we recruit talented staff is therefore crucial to our future success. Our objective is to make Munich Re the employer of choice for potential employees on the global job market..
To help us achieve this goal we offer a competitive salary and a generous and comprehensive benefits package which we regularly review in accordance with external market data, to ensure you are paid fairly and our benefits are tailored to suit your lifestyle. Creating an inclusive environment is an essential part of the Munich Re culture and we are committed to our Diversity & Inclusion Policy. We also seek to provide a fair and supportive work environment which provides learning and development opportunities for all.
Please Note: All applications must be received via the website. Any CVs received via email will not be considered.
Re_think, Re_engineer, Re_define, Re_invent, the boundaries of Insurance.
Once you hit apply, there is a short, 10 minute application form to complete. Please ensure you attach your current CV when applying and include details regarding your salary expectations. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. Due to the high volume, we cannot always provide detailed feedback at CV stage.