Operational Resilience Manager
Munich Re Specialty Group
London , United Kingdom
At Munich Re Specialty Group (MRSG), individuality is a key driver for our success and innovation. We believe that leveraging a variety of perspectives and backgrounds, and empowering all employees to make an impact, will motivate us to perform at our best and give us a competitive edge. We know there is always more work to be done, but we’re committed to building a strong and inclusive culture where everyone is welcomed and valued for their “own expression of self-identity”.
Munich Re Specialty Group (MRSG) is part of Munich Re Group’s Global Specialty Insurance division. We are known for our dedication to excellence and quality of service provision across both primary and reinsurance.
As well as operating in the Lloyd’s of London market, we conduct our business via a global network of service companies, with offices located in the UK, Ireland, the United States, Asia, including Singapore, Labuan and Dubai. We are also represented in Lloyd’s China.
Our group of companies provide solutions covering Casualty, Marine & Cargo, Energy & Aerospace, Cyber, Political Violence, Trade Credit and Property, Contingency and Yacht. Our purpose is to inspire our clients and people with the confidence and freedom to explore, create and build – to enable people and businesses to thrive.
Operational Resilience Manager
We are looking to employ an Operational Resilience Manager to join the team. Ideally you will be based in London or Manchester with frequent travel to London if working regionally.
If you’d like to work within a collaborative team environment where you can make a difference, we’d love to hear from you.
Reporting to the Head of Operations Management this role forms part of a newly created team where you will be responsible for all MRSG entities, office locations and staff. You will work towards achieving operational resilience by ensuring continuity of critical and important services to both internal and external stakeholders at all times and reinstate business services with minimal disruption following a potential incident.
- To design, implement, manage, coordinate and ensure consistency of the Business Continuity Management (BCM) programme and Operational Resilience Management to all MRSG entities and locations including our international distribution companies and service companies
- To ensure the organisation adopts a proactive approach to continuously improve its operations in the widest sense to become operationally resilient
- To maintain and embed the Business Continuity Management Programme comprising documentation and associated activity, by ensuring alignment of the MRSG Business Continuity Management Policy with Munich Re requirements, local regulatory and relevant best practice guidance as appropriate
- To maintain and embed the Operational Resilience Programme comprising the OpsRes Policy and supporting documentation and processes for MRSG entities in scope (primarily Munich Re Syndicate Limited (MRSL) and its important third parties)
- Third-party vendor management to ensure third-party service providers (both within MR Group and externally) are managed both strategically and operationally in line with service levels agreed to support the overarching goal of continuously improving MRSG’s operational resilience
What we are looking for
We are keen to speak with candidates with proven experience in operational resilience and business continuity role within a UK regulated financial service industry, ideally within insurance (PRA, FCA, Lloyd’s)
Key Skills & Experience
- Thorough understanding of Business Continuity and Operational Resilience practises
- Experienced in working with and communicating with staff at all levels including Senior Management
- Have experience of working in a collaborative way with other departments to achieve own department goals and objectives
- Organisational efficiency and tenacity to ensure that other business areas meet requirements for information and feedback in a timely manner
Member of the Business Continuity Institute desirable
Your career with us
At MRSG, you’ll find the flexibility, development and support you need to excel your career combined with a competitive salary and a benefits package that promotes wellbeing and work-life balance, on top of the standard features that include a non-contributory pension, private medical care, life assurance and more!
Diversity & Inclusion
Creating an inclusive environment is a crucial part of the Munich Re culture, and we are committed to our Diversity & Inclusion Policy. We also seek to provide a fair and supportive work environment which provides learning and development opportunities for all.
Working together, we are an employer of choice by building the workforce for today and the future. We make it happen. Together.