Actuarial Analyst (m/f/d)
London , United Kingdom
This role reports to the Head of Reserving and Reporting at Munich Re Syndicate Limited and will be required to perform a broad range of actuarial reporting tasks for syndicate 457, covering both local (Lloyd's) and group (Munich) reporting requirements
You will be responsible for:
- Producing, reporting & validating Solvency II Technical Provisions, for both Lloyd’s and Munich. Preparing supporting analyses and documentation for committee review;
- Supporting the Lloyd’s quarterly and annual reporting tasks, including QMA, QMB, QSR, ASR and TPD. Preparing supporting analyses and documentation for committee review;
- Support the quarterly reserving process to develop own knowledge of the lines of business written, performance trends, key reserving topics, reinsurance arrangements etc.
- Preparing information for the Group quarterly reporting process independently, including tasks such as AvE reporting, major loss reporting, and ultimate premium & loss forecasts at the specified granularity;
- Performing Singapore regulatory reporting and US Trust Funds reporting to Lloyd’s;
- Providing input to wider tasks such as the Actuarial Function Report and Annual Reserve Report;
- Gaining familiarity with the data warehouse, as well as underwriting, claims and reinsurance systems. Extracting and analysing data for varied purposes using SQL;
- Playing an active and influential role in reporting process ongoing improvement and automation, in conjunction with other experienced staff;
- Liaising with the IFRS17 project team to develop an understanding of IFRS17 requirements, to support the BAU transition which is planned to take place from 2022;
- Contributing to other Reporting and Reserving tasks as needed.
- Helping to drive forward good Conduct for the business to deliver the best outcomes for customers / policyholders.
You will have:
- a University Degree in Mathematics, Actuarial Science, Computing or similar subject area and/or relevant professional qualification
- a good working knowledge of Excel
- the ability to understand Key Actuarial processes and pick things up quickly
MRSG UK Services Limited is the employing entity for staff supporting the business activities of Munich Re Syndicate Limited (MRSL), Munich Re Specialty Group Limited (MRSG), Groves, John & Westrup Ltd (GJW), NMU (Specialty) Ltd (NMU) and Roanoke International Brokers Limited (RIBL).
As well as operating in the Lloyd’s of London market, we conduct our business via a global network of service companies, with offices located in the UK, Ireland, the United States, Asia, including Hong Kong, Singapore, Labuan and Dubai. We are also represented in Lloyd’s China.
Our group of companies provide solutions covering Casualty, Marine & Cargo, Energy & Aerospace, Cyber, Political Violence, Trade Credit and Property, Contingency and Yacht.
Known for our dedication to excellence and quality of service provision, we pride ourselves on offering you a great place to work.
Munich Re’s employees are the backbone of the Group’s business success. They are the people that drive the business forward and develop new solutions for our clients.
Ensuring that we recruit talented staff is therefore crucial to our future success. Our objective is to make Munich Re the employer of choice for potential employees on the global job market..
To help us achieve this goal we offer a competitive salary and a generous and comprehensive benefits package which we regularly review in accordance with external market data, to ensure you are paid fairly and our benefits are tailored to suit your lifestyle. Creating an inclusive environment is an essential part of the Munich Re culture and we are committed to our Diversity & Inclusion Policy. We also seek to provide a fair and supportive work environment which provides learning and development opportunities for all.
Please Note: All applications must be received via the website. Any CVs received via email will not be considered.
Re_think, Re_engineer, Re_define, Re_invent, the boundaries of Insurance.
Once you hit apply, there is a short, 10 minute application form to complete. Please ensure you attach your current CV when applying and include details regarding your salary expectations. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. Due to the high volume, we cannot always provide detailed feedback at CV stage.