Claims Delegated Authority Assistant (m/f/d)
London , United Kingdom
This role will require you to take a proactive approach to the management of delegated claims and look to uphold a quality claims service, taking account of applicable regulatory requirements.
Key Role and Responsibilities
- Oversight of claims DA performance
- Responsible for claims DA reporting
- Responsible for claims DA system upkeep
- Assisting claims DA manager with any project work
- Assisting claims DA manager with claims DA audits
- Assisting claims DA manager with maintaining oversight of claims DA loss funds
- Assisting claims DA manger with upkeep of Lloyd’s and Munich DA practices
- Helping to drive forward good Conduct for the business to deliver the best outcomes for customers / policyholders.
- Understanding all appropriate lines of escalation and the responsibilities of the Product Conduct Risk Strategy Group (PCRSG), Underwriting & Claims Sub Committee (UCSC) , ExCo and Board for Conduct Risk.
Knowledge and Skills
- Previous Insurance and Lloyds of London experience (beneficial but not essential)
- Good knowledge and understanding of:
- Underlying Principles of Insurance;
- Legal Principles;
- FSA and rules and regulations;
- Lloyds regulations;
- Good knowledge of claims delegated authorities
- Good knowledge of Lloyd’s Standard Claims Reporting template (version 5.2)
- Good knowledge of market strategies
- Good knowledge of all firm specific procedures that relate to own role;
- Able to demonstrate growing understanding of the roles of colleagues and their relationships to the structure and business plans of the Firm.
- Willingness to continue to develop knowledge of policies, underwriting and related issues through formal and informal learning, both internally and externally to the firm.
- Awareness of the potential risks facing the business within own job role and the controls that are in place to mitigate them; and reporting all significant changes in these risks, or the effectiveness of controls, to your line manager in a timely manner.
- Knowledge of the following systems would be beneficial but is not essential - Massda, S2000, DOCOsoft, Bloom, ECF2
MRSG UK Services Limited is the employing entity for staff supporting the business activities of Munich Re Syndicate Limited (MRSL), Munich Re Specialty Group Limited (MRSG), Groves, John & Westrup Ltd (GJW), NMU (Specialty) Ltd (NMU) and Roanoke International Brokers Limited (RIBL).
As well as operating in the Lloyd’s of London market, we conduct our business via a global network of service companies, with offices located in the UK, Ireland, the United States, Asia, including Hong Kong, Singapore, Labuan and Dubai. We are also represented in Lloyd’s China.
Our group of companies provide solutions covering Casualty, Marine & Cargo, Energy & Aerospace, Cyber, Political Violence, Trade Credit and Property, Contingency and Yacht.
Known for our dedication to excellence and quality of service provision, we pride ourselves on offering you a great place to work.
Munich Re’s employees are the backbone of the Group’s business success. They are the people that drive the business forward and develop new solutions for our clients.
Ensuring that we recruit talented staff is therefore crucial to our future success. Our objective is to make Munich Re the employer of choice for potential employees on the global job market..
To help us achieve this goal we offer a competitive salary and a generous and comprehensive benefits package which we regularly review in accordance with external market data, to ensure you are paid fairly and our benefits are tailored to suit your lifestyle. Creating an inclusive environment is an essential part of the Munich Re culture and we are committed to our Diversity & Inclusion Policy. We also seek to provide a fair and supportive work environment which provides learning and development opportunities for all.
Please Note: All applications must be received via the website. Any CVs received via email will not be considered.
Re_think, Re_engineer, Re_define, Re_invent, the boundaries of Insurance.
Once you hit apply, there is a short, 10 minute application form to complete. Please ensure you attach your current CV when applying and include details regarding your salary expectations. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. Due to the high volume, we cannot always provide detailed feedback at CV stage.