MRSGNA Senior Product Manager
Roanoke Insurance Group Inc
Schaumburg , United States
Munich Re Specialty Group North America (MRSG N.A.) is looking for enthusiastic individuals to join us as we grow. As part of Munich Re Group, we are a unique organization providing expertise in specialty and marine lines of insurance as well as surety risks and customs bonds with in-house claims solutions.
We are seeking a full time Senior Product Manager to join the Shared Services division either to be a hybrid employee in one of our regional offices (Schaumburg, IL, New York, NY, Charleston, SC, Miami, FL, Houston, TX or Long Beach, CA) or a remote employee reporting to the VP, Digital Business Architecture.
The Senior Product Manager will serve as a functional expert for Brokerage Operations and will collaborate with the brokerage operations and IT teams to assist in continuously improving the processing of the brokerage business, including exploring streamlining, standardization, and automation of processes where possible.
- Work with key business partners to identify opportunities to improve operational efficiencies or alignment to achieve revenue growth, and subsequently work with VP Digital Business Architecture to define and implement solutions to achieve goals
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for business operations and implement applicable configuration changes into Applied Epic as a Administrator.
- Work directly with business leads, technology resources, and executive leadership to lead the development process including writing business requirements / use cases / user stories, solution reviews, implementing enhancements and new features, conducting user acceptance testing and communicating status
- Develop and manage implementation plans and/or approach documents in order to facilitate the develop of the solution
- Perform functional impact analyses on any proposed changes to existing systems, including performing proofs of concept and analyzing results
- Develop stakeholder engagement plans, impact analyses, and training plans for the rollout of new functionality.
- Coordinate with IT Application support team(s) to plan and map out system releases (including defect fixes, small enhancements and upgrades).
- Drive user acceptance planning and testing of any system changes.
- Experience within an insurance agency or brokerage is critical, with exposure to non-admitted/surplus lines concepts a plus
- Experience with brokerage management tools such as Applied Epic, Applied Indio, and Applied CSR24 is also critical
- Understanding of the transportation logistics industry, marine cargo insurance, and/or surety bonds a plus but not required
- 5+ years of operational experience illustrating proven success with supporting internal and external clients with technology.
- Familiarity with operational best practices and document management standards a plus.
- Deep knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal and consultative skills to work effectively with vendors, clients, peers, and IT management and staff.
- Excellent problem solving skills and a desire to optimize existing technologies.
MRSG N.A. is the holding company for Roanoke Insurance Group (RIG) and Munich Re Specialty Group Insurance Services (SIS) located throughout 7 locations in the United States and Canada with over 250 employees.
SIS provides insurance to retail and wholesale insurance brokers in North America. Specialty lines include ocean and inland marine, cyber, tech E&O, terrorism, active assailant & political violence.
RIG operates as a specialty insurance broker focused on surety, insurance and related offerings for logistics service providers, customs brokers and companies with supply chains.
We offer our employees a diverse work environment which champions professional development, innovation and passion; providing employees with a great benefits package. All of our benefits are effective the first day of employment including:
- Generous healthcare plans
- Voluntary dental & vision plans
- 401(k) plan
- Flexible spending plans
- Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Short/long term disability
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Wellbeing Program
- Community involvement
- Life insurance
At MRSG N.A., individuality is a key driver for our success and progress. We believe that leveraging a variety of perspectives and backgrounds, and empowering all employees to make an impact, will motivate us to perform at our best and give us a competitive edge. We know there is always more work to be done, but we’re committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone is welcomed and valued for their authentic selves.
We offer equal opportunity employment regardless of age, sex, race, color, creed, national origin, religion, veteran status, sexual orientation, atypical hereditary traits, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applicants requiring employer sponsorship of a visa will not be considered for this position.
California applicants, please review our CA Privacy Statement at: https://www.roanokegroup.com/career-opportunities/