Cargo Broker (m/f/d)
London , United Kingdom
Are you a Lloyd's Market Cargo Broker looking for an exciting opportunity for growth? If so, Roanoke International Brokers Limited (RIBL) want to hear from you!
RIBL are currently searching for a results-oriented Broker to join their hardworking, passionate Broking Team, providing existing and potential clients with an excellent service, and working on a wide-ranging book of direct and reinsurance cargo business.
- To broke a diverse portfolio of Marine Cargo Direct and Reinsurance business.
- To develop business from new and existing clients.
- Quoting, placing and account handling for designated clients, including all day to day correspondence.
- Collaborating closely with the backup teams as needed.
- To keep accurate records and ensure all files are up to date and meeting FCA/RIBL criteria.
- To maintain and develop good working relationships with both clients and underwriters
- To compile comprehensive renewal/new business presentations for underwriters including production of placing slips if and as necessary.
- To provide assistance and feedback on new business initiatives.
- To assist in placing (re)insurance for a variety of other marine risks, if and as may be required.
Skills and Experience
Our ideal candidate would be a Placing Broker in the Lloyds Market with Cargo exposure. We are happy to consider candidates that have specialised in more than Cargo only, but we do need somebody that has successfully formed strong bonds with Cargo Underwriters. We have a very 'hands on' approach to broking and you will coordinate the entire process and therefore you must be adept at putting a slip together.
Proficient in the full Microsoft Office suite, you will have extensive experience maintaining and presenting accurate and detailed records. Should you have had some exposure to our in-house systems of CS10, Impact, PPL/Whitespace platforms, that would be advantageous but certainly not essential to the role as we will provide training.
Roanoke International Brokers Limited (RIBL)is a vibrant broker situated within close proximity of Lloyd’s of London. Offering a bespoke, individual service for various Marine and related products which are tailored to suit the needs of our worldwide book of clients.
Our team offers extensive experience that has been accumulated over many years in the London market where we have built up longstanding relationships with key Lloyd’s underwriters and selective market companies.
RIBL is committed to listening, proposing and implementing solutions for our clients that open doors and give them the opportunity to excel.
If you would like to learn more about this, and other exciting opportunities at Munich Re please get in touch with me!
Talent Acquisition, Diversity & Inclusion Specialist