Claims Senior Specialist
Temple Insurance Company
Toronto , Canada
Claims Senior Specialist
We care for humankind – and that starts with our people
Our greatest strength lies not in what we do – but how we do it. It’s the unique individual behind every piece of work who matters the most. Our people make Munich Re a global success. Working at Munich Re gives us access to the depth, breadth, and mindset we want in order to develop our full potential. That’s why a career at Munich Re is much more than just a job. It’s an invitation to be your very best and make a positive impact on the world.
Are you someone with strong leadership capabilities? Do you enjoy building relationships and working collaboratively in a team environment with both internal, external and global stakeholders? Do you possess strong analytical and investigative competencies? As someone with excellent communication skills and business acumen, you will utilize exceptional interpersonal and influencing skills across all levels of the organization.
We’re looking for our next Claims Senior Specialist. Could It Be You?
Reporting to the VP, Claims, the Claims Senior Specialist is responsible for handling, evaluating, reserving, and resolving Complex casualty and property claims. The position will include engaging with MGA partners on complex claims matters. Additionally, the Senior Specialist is responsible for providing technical claims handling advice, guidance and mentorship to other members of the Temple claims team.
Need more details? Keep reading…
You will be responsible for:
• Coverage assessment including promptly identifying, addressing and resolving coverage issues.
• Investigate, assess, manage and resolve claims.
• Retain, instruct and direct external claim service providers including counsel.
• Promptly assess, post, and maintain reserves on a Probable Ultimate Cost basis.
• Issue payments in accordance with Temple’s payment assessment and authorization protocols.
• Comply with all required claims documentation protocols.
• Schedule/attend mediations, appraisals and other ADR events in Canada and the USA.
• Engage in claims reporting to senior claims and business leaders.
• Proactive engagement in inter-departmental and external claim related communications.
• Conduct and report on claim audits involving MGAs and other entities.
• Participate in Temple’s claims department peer review audit process.
• Assist with identifying/implementing initiatives to enhance claim handling efficiencies and effectiveness.
• Report to reinsurers and respond to claim queries from reinsurers.
• Provide technical mentoring (guidance and advice) to other Temple Claims team members.
• Present claims before various committees/groups (consisting of management team and claims leadership) for evaluation/authority and prepare Large Loss Reports for committee/group and Pool members.
• Keep abreast of current legal trends and legislative changes including continuing education through participation in relevant courses and seminars.
• Participate in cross-functional initiatives and projects on behalf of Claims.
So are YOU our next Claims Senior Specialist? You are if you have…
• University Degree; law, business or finance degree is an asset.
• Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP) / Fellow Chartered Insurance Professional (FCIP) / Certified Risk Manager (CRM) designations are an asset.
• Minimum 10-15 years claims experience.
• Strong technical claim handling skills.
• Well developed and effective written and oral communication skills
• Familiarity with Microsoft operating systems (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Strong investigative and analytical skills in and assessing problems
• Excellent organizational, planning, and time management skills.
• Strong work ethic with good self-discipline and independently motivated
• Ability/willingness to learn, change and experiment
• Demonstrate accuracy and an eye for attention to detail.
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment and to function well under pressure.
• High degree of flexibility and adaptability to changing environment and situations.
• Good business and general insurance acumen.
• Ability to develop and nurture working relationships within Munich Re North America and within the broader Munich Re Group
• Fluency in English required; fluency in French (oral and written) is an asset.
In addition to an exciting job opportunity, we offer the following…
• You will be exposed to challenging projects and development opportunities to grow your skills and career with both local and global colleagues and partners.
• A comprehensive total rewards financial program which includes extensive flexible benefits and pension.
• A hybrid work environment in an inspiring physical workplace setting.
• Educational Assistance Programs that continue to recognize your on-going success.
Click on the link to apply…
Munich Re Canada is committed to providing a work environment that is inclusive and free of employment barriers and discrimination. Accommodations will be made for qualified applicants with a disability throughout the recruitment process. If you receive a request for an interview and you have a disability which will require an accommodation to support your participation, please contact AODARequestHR@munichre.ca as soon as practical so that suitable accommodations can be arranged.